Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld First Lounge LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by hugh2
You can go through security to access any terminal, using a same day departure ticket to go and eat

https://twitter.com/flyLAXairport/st...73932871864321

so i presume you could do the same, to get access to the lounge, if entitled to use it
Splendid: I have a seven hour layover, and an AA departure, so will probably try that.

Shame the restaurant in the Theme Building is no longer operational.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by oscietra
Splendid: I have a seven hour layover, and an AA departure, so will probably try that.

Shame the restaurant in the Theme Building is no longer operational.
Why not pop out to Santa Monica with a layover that long?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:09 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
I've took some pics of the OW F lounge @ LAX when I took BA 282 around 10 days ago.

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by oscietra
Am I correct in thinking you can only access this lounge if you are flying non-American Airlines oneworld airlines longhaul/internationally?
No, you're wrong.

I did that the other day, you'll have to go through security though.

NB AA use T4 but US Airways use T6 which is much futher away.
There's a bus service T4-T6, not sure if there is one T6-TBIB
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by gemini573
I've took some pics of the OW F lounge @ LAX when I took BA 282 around 10 days ago.

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]
Thanks - it looks great!

aks120
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
I'm currently in the lounge and have to say it's one if the best lounges I have been in.

I've taken a good few pictures and will work out how I can upload from my IPad...... (Any help greatly appreciated).

I'm sitting at the huge long bar and really enjoying the excellent service from the hard working attentative staff.

Anyone coming here that hasn't been yet I think you're in for a treat. I'm already looking forward to being back here this time next week.

Glad I've got another 4 hours here until the flight home..........
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
No, you're wrong.

I did that the other day, you'll have to go through security though.

NB AA use T4 but US Airways use T6 which is much futher away.
There's a bus service T4-T6, not sure if there is one T6-TBIB
There is an airside connector walkway being built between TBIT and T4. This is due for completion next year.

Last year airside connecting tunnels opened between T4 & T5 and T5 & T6 - it is now possible to walk airside between T4, T5, T6, T7 & T8.

For TBIT there is still the Qantas bus from T4 running from gate 44 every 30 minutes from 4pm.

Originally Posted by Deanog1976
I'm currently in the lounge and have to say it's one if the best lounges I have been in. ...
TBH, we at Sydney and Melbourne are rather fortunate - the Qantas First lounge at TBIT is rather good as far as North American lounges go, but those in SYD and MEL are better than the TBIT lounge in several ways, including qality and variety of catering and having massages/treatments.

(FWIW, I came though TBIT last week and had 3½ hours at TBIT.)

Note that the Business lounge at TBIT is called the "oneworld Los Angeles Lounge" while this newly opened lounge is called "Qantas First Lounge".)

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by serfty
There is an airside connector walkway being built between TBIT and T4. This is due for completion next year.
Interesting, will that mean an alternative to the FlAAgship Lounge? Presumably some kind of BP check en route to segregate international and domestic travellers?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera
Interesting, will that mean an alternative to the FlAAgship Lounge? Presumably some kind of BP check en route to segregate international and domestic travellers?
If you mean in terms of immigration, I don't think so, as domestic and international departures are typically not segregated in the US (only arrivals), if you mean BP check restriction at lounge entry then yes I think that it is safe to say as standard entry conditions will apply.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Deanog1976
I'm currently in the lounge and have to say it's one if the best lounges I have been in.

I've taken a good few pictures and will work out how I can upload from my IPad...... (Any help greatly appreciated).

I'm sitting at the huge long bar and really enjoying the excellent service from the hard working attentative staff.

Anyone coming here that hasn't been yet I think you're in for a treat. I'm already looking forward to being back here this time next week.

Glad I've got another 4 hours here until the flight home..........
This lounge does not compare to the SYD Qantas First lounge at all!
It is a lounge without views, there is a long bar and a dining area which ressembles a canteen at work. The wine selection is very mediocre ( they have a.o. a cheap white Wente ). The staff are amateurs . Seating is not confortable. I am not impressed at all. There is a good steak house on the same floor ( III Forks) if you want a decent lunch or diner though. Truely a missed chance, just an average OW first lounge!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Kris-flyer, Etihad Guest
So after reading lots about this lounge - here I am....
Most staff very helpful, food fine/ok..... I mean it's more than edible, reasonable selection.

But better than CCR, in my opinion, no....
But a first world problem to have !
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Here's a photo taken in a shower room earlier this month ... it's a bit dark but the room is very white and bright - this is the only one that really came out:

Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by serfty
For TBIT there is still the Qantas bus from T4 running from gate 44 every 30 minutes from 4pm.
So does that mean that one can move between TBIT and T4 without re-clearing security? Both ways? Does that QF bus also leave from TBIT to T4?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Kris-flyer, Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
So does that mean that one can move between TBIT and T4 without re-clearing security? Both ways? Does that QF bus also leave from TBIT to T4?
No - not until the link opens in a few months time - to be honest (did this yesterday) it is only a 2 min walk between the terminals, and covered if raining.
The only advantage of the link, when finished, will be avoiding re clearing security again, and again
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: Lost everything during the pandemic, and no more flying to HKG every six weeks (!) so back to AA LTG
Let's take the following situation. I am flying AA domestic with no connection to or from TBIT. Just a plain old AA domestic flight. I am BA Gold so have Oneworld Emerald status and should be able to visit first class lounges (currently use Flagship at LAX for my AA domestic travel). I finish my meetings early on my next trip back from LA to NY and will have a big chunk of time before my flight. Can I clear security at TBIT (with my AA domestic boarding pass) and use the Qantas First lounge for a few hours before heading over to T4 for my flight (clearing security again)? And I assume I can bring +1 as I can normally with Emerald.

Thanks for the clarification!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.