Search

Honeymoon advice

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2014, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Honeymoon advice

Hi everyone,

It's my first time so go easy on me!

My fiancé and I are heading to Florida in September 2015 for our honeymoon. I have booked LGW-MCO in WT+ with an outbound UuA to CW.

I have been checking to try and do the same with the inbound with no luck so far but obviously there is still plenty of time, however I wondered whether we might be better off changing the inbound leg to TPA because it is already showing reward availability on the date we want.

It will be the first time in CW for both of us. We are planning on hiring a car when we are out there so getting to TPA shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks for all your help in advance,
The Muffin Man
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Where do you want to go in Florida? TPA is an hour and a half drive from MCO.

And remember, that's hurricane season.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Welcome to FT!

There will be change fees but it is your honeymoon after all. TPA is a very easy trip from Orlando and almost as convenient as MCO from the west side.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome The Muffin Man

Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
Hi everyone,

It's my first time so go easy on me!
Hello The Muffin Man, so your first time here I presume! Welcome to Flyer Talk and welcome to the British Airways board. It's good to see new people here, so make yourself at home and I hope you find this place useful and interesting. Congratulations on your future big event too.

Yes I would certainly consider doing what you have lined up. In a way it's a pity it's not the other way around, since TPA has a better reputation for processing inbound passengers through passports, but nevertheless it's one approach. Getting CW on the overnight back is trickier than for the day flights, so there is no guarantee you will be able to get it from MCO, and if it does become available it will possibly be soon to departure time, when I guess you may be rather busy sorting other things out!

You could even change twice, so book TPA and revert back to MCO, but that will of course involve another round of change fees (but not service fees). But personally I'd switch now, since you know what they say about the bird in the hand...

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Dec 6, 2014 at 2:24 am
Old Dec 6, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
100% for changing to TPA if you can. It's a far better airport, security is much better too as it's done at each of the satellites and not in the central area, as it is at MCO.

Assuming you are staying anywhere near Disney it's only going to be about 40 minutes longer anyway.

The lounge is better at MCO, but that's really not saying anything. You won't want to spend any time at either.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 2:24 am

I'd definitely switch. There's no guarantee seats will ever open up and for an overnight flight a flat bed makes a world of difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.