Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who Moved My Mug?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by mc1973
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1979

Mmmm.

We have just started a 4 man mug hunt in the CCR. All staff know what it looks like and who the owner is but it's nowhere to be found....,

He's took it away
There's something dodgy going on. Update with pic later.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's something dodgy going on. Update with pic later.
I thought the CCR was a more civillized place than this!

Perhaps I should be grateful to be ensconced in the the humble yet happy confines of the Flounge.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I must remember to take a photo of my personalised paper cup in Galleries, at the place I usually stand [as I can't find a seat anywhere]
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
I must remember to take a photo of my personalised paper cup in Galleries, at the place I usually stand [as I can't find a seat anywhere]
It would be my honour to guest you into the Flounge should the two of us one day be in the airport simultaneously. :P
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Calchas
It would be my honour to guest you into the Flounge should the two of us one day be in the airport simultaneously.
We have previously had that honour courtesy of "Mr Black Mug", and would be delighted to have a repeat experience.

I shall stalk you on ba97 and the Lounge Hosting thread
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
So we had a 3 man and 1 lady hunt for the mug earlier.

After a while, a person with authority announced that the mug doesn't actually live in the CCR. The owner took it yesterday and doesn't normally entrust anyone with the mug.

That's probably a wise move as there was evidence that someone was planning on being up to no good:

Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:57 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I can assure you the black mug is somewhere in CCR. It's not where you look, it's who you ask...... Round 1 to me I think.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I can assure you the black mug is somewhere in CCR. It's not where you look, it's who you ask...... Round 1 to me I think.
mmmmm.

we had pretty much all the CCR bar staff on the hunt. two of them initially thought I was crazy before the penny dropped when I was talking about Sir CWS to them. one (obviously) knew who I meant as soon as I muttered "Sir". and the lady who announced with authority that the mug is not entrusted with anyone in the CCR knew who we were talking about as soon as she heard "mug".

I give you Round one though.

Provided T5 Fast Track flight connections is working efficiently later on, we shall be back in the CCR in 2 hours time though. What's the next clue?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Can I ask all you guys with your shinanigans why there is a CCR and a flounge? Are their subtle differences in access rights? Have only ever gone to CCR when flying F?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Can I ask all you guys with your shinanigans why there is a CCR and a flounge? Are their subtle differences in access rights? Have only ever gone to CCR when flying F?
When flying F you can do a lounge crawl, Flounge, Galleries South and North, and if flight goes from B gate you can crawl into there as well^
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Skywards
Can anyone join in? Will be in the CCR this afternoon....sleuthing glass at the ready....
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:23 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by PETER01
I can't disclose the actual seat and whilst I am here may I add Tobias-UK also has a personal seat (sofa) but my lips are sealed on the specifics
Well next time in will just sprawl myself out at different times on different sofas and see if cws comes along and ousts me out, although my normal place in CCR is at the bar with a glass of LPGS and nibbles^
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I give you Round one though.

Provided T5 Fast Track flight connections is working efficiently later on, we shall be back in the CCR in 2 hours time though. What's the next clue?
Friday isn't a good day, indeed some people prefer not to work Fridays, but sometimes it can't be helped - you can't get the staff these days.....
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BA5E
Well next time in will just sprawl myself out at different times on different sofas and see if cws comes along and ousts me out, although my normal place in CCR is at the bar with a glass of LPGS and nibbles^
On busy days sometimes our seats are reserved in readiness for our arrival
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allturnleft
CCR is for F pax only (and for persons with a CCR card awarded at 5000 TPs per year).

The Flounge is open to Gold Card Holders, oneworld Emerald, as well as F pax. So you will see a lot of folks in the Flounge actually travelling in W or Y.

Galleries Club is open to Silver Card Holders and above, oneworld Sapphire and above, J pax and F pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.