Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Grad Scheme

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum and BAEC blue again :'(
I'm genuinely happy to see CIHY is still here after all these years. Is PUCCI GALORE still around also?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, VS, SU
Thanks alot for all the responses in this thread everyone

I think it will go a long way in helping me (and other lurkers) when coming to apply.

64K I have pm'ed you
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA, AA, FB
Originally Posted by WeAreFlyingHigh
I read about that but I'm undecided on what the outcome should have been. I have sympathy for the family but depending on how the passports were lost, offering tickets for a year later seems reasonable especially if there was no availability on flights close to the original date.
I'm with you there. If you give somebody your passport it's your own responsibility to make sure you get it back! It's also not at all clear if it was the check-in agent who somehow dropped the passport on the luggage belt or if it was the passenger who did so.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by WeAreFlyingHigh
"What if a passenger was a group of friends were checking in for a flight to go on holiday. One of the group had forgot her passport. She could drive home to collect her passport but would arrive back at the airport after check in has closed. What approach would you take?"

1. Allow her to travel without her passport.
2. Be flexible with the time check in closes, possible delaying the flight for her.
3. Ask if she would like to transfer on to the next available flight which, due to the later flight being fully booked, is tomorrow.
4. Transfer her to the later flight if a seat becomes available.

There's only two reasonable answers that could be correct, 3 or 4
I agree about 3 or 4. But in either case do you think that the candidate should receive a bonus or penalty for suggesting that in the interim BA should collect the change fee plus fare difference from the passenger at the ticket desk?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I agree about 3 or 4. But in either case do you think that the candidate should receive a bonus or penalty for suggesting that in the interim BA should collect the change fee plus fare difference from the passenger at the ticket desk?
What option would a revenue management consultant advise?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calchas
What option would a revenue management consultant advise?
Obviously the best answer would be to engage said consultant to conduct an extensive study...

But more seriously, I shall report my thoughts in due course. In the mean time I reckon it would be interesting to hear the thoughts of FTers!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum and BAEC blue again :'(
From a financial standpoint BA is no worse off by her travelling on the later flight. She would be using the same amount of resources as if she were on the earlier flight. BA is not losing money by transferring ehr for free but they are missing out on an opportunity to gain more money.

It depends on the circumstances. As we saw with easyJet on Airline some passengers are so outraged by this nominal fee they do take their business to another airline costing the airline more in the long term. If it was around Christmas time the free transfer could be a Christmas present.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But more seriously, I shall report my thoughts in due course. In the mean time I reckon it would be interesting to hear the thoughts of FTers!
So with my nasty, mean revenue management guy hat on I would of course say that the passenger should pay the change fee plus the fare difference and go mwahahahaha.

But with my bigger picture hat on I recognise that word of mouth effects have a significant impact on the customer experience and the business in general. So in practice if I were a check in agent and/or ticketing agent I would probably transfer the passenger for free and hand them a survey form, unless they did a DYKWIA in which case I would charge them the change fee and not the fare difference.

For the candidate, I would be impressed as an interviewer if this scenario caused a discussion of revenue integrity efficacy.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So with my nasty, mean revenue management guy hat on I would of course say that the passenger should pay the change fee plus the fare difference and go mwahahahaha.

But with my bigger picture hat on I recognise that word of mouth effects have a significant impact on the customer experience and the business in general. So in practice if I were a check in agent and/or ticketing agent I would probably transfer the passenger for free and hand them a survey form, unless they did a DYKWIA in which case I would charge them the change fee and not the fare difference.
My counter argument to the pro revenue protection strategy is: the customer appeared on time and (purportedly) wished to travel on the chosen flight. The market for "I buy full flex tickets just in case I forget my travel documents one day", is, I surmise, rather minuscule , and therefore I propose nothing is gained in that respect by applying the change fee.

The only reason to apply the change fee and the fare difference would be opportunistic money making at the expense of reputation and customer loyalty. Which, admittedly, works very well for FR.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by Hobbes01
Equally interesting was this link: http://www.thinkyouknowus.co.uk/comp.html

Any undergraduate or postgraduate UK resident student studying at a UK university can enter to win 100,000 avios. At the very least you are guaranteed to receive a few emails from BA! The odds at winning are probably tiny, but you never know...
Last few hours to enter this, if you know someone eligible! The application processes for the various schemes on offer this year should all be open by now, so good luck to anyone tackling those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.