Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best first

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Best first

Just looking to book a trip in March, have a wad of Avios and fees are covered by the company I do consultancy work for..................AND there is F availability LHR-IAD on the 380, which I have always wanted to try..........

so can anyone think of a reason why not.........like f is better on a....? or CW is better than F on a 380.....

I just cant see why not so er.....why not ?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Do it
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Do it
Absolutely. No reason not to.

I think the A380 is the best FIRST cabin in fleet due to the extra space you get and the wonder of being in the world's largest passenger plane...

Book it today.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Just curious, you're intending to blow your avios on work travel?

If its for work can't you buy CW on their dime, and then just upgrade with your avios?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I presume this is the cognitive dissonance rebuttal thread. I'm sure chris1979's therapist would advise you to book forthwith. And take him with you.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In your case, the only reason I can think of not to do it would be if the extra Avios spent would cause you to be unable to travel in CW on a future occasion.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:47 am

I have just booked the flight the other way round with avios - it ticks all the aspirational boxes - best F on BA, 1st time flying on the A380 and a chance to sample the new lounge at IAD.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aceman
Just curious, you're intending to blow your avios on work travel?

If its for work can't you buy CW on their dime, and then just upgrade with your avios?
not truly a work trip....I do consultancy work for a friend, he covers some costs like the fees, on the agreement I use my miles ( I accrue a couple of hundred thou a year through my own business use)....so class is down to me.

right now I have a CW/F return in 3 weeks and then this one in March again CW/F still will leave me with enough.

on the basis on expert opinion ..I am going for it ^
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flabound
Just looking to book a trip in March, have a wad of Avios and fees are covered by the company I do consultancy work for..................AND there is F availability LHR-IAD on the 380, which I have always wanted to try..........

so can anyone think of a reason why not.........like f is better on a....? or CW is better than F on a 380.....

I just cant see why not so er.....why not ?
I would do it although I think First on the 777 is better and would chose it every time over the A380 if given a choice. That being said, the A380 is still a very good First class offering and I would never turn it down if a 777 was not available. The A380 has more space which is nice and the storage at your seat is fantastic, but it is freezing cold. There are lots of threads about the temperature issues. Its also too quiet which sounds like a good thing but its not. Engine noise for me is a good thing as it is constant and drowns out other sounds. On the A380 you can hear all the details of conversations of the cabin crew in their jump seats on take off and landing, hear the conversations of neighbors 3 rows back and you hear the toilet flush every time which is annoying on a night flight.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Best First is first First.

Go for it and enjoy.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:58 pm

Flew A380 to LAX and B777 from BOS, preferred the A380, more space, despite what is said on this forum, my personal opinion was it wasn't cold, didn't find the engines overly quiet. Certainly didn't hear conversations three rows back or the toilets flush only 9/14 utilised when we flew.Down to you really and your own personal preference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.