Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Keith Williams

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
The ... .x. ... address is already in the public domain (see ceoemail.com) and is presumably at least tolerated by BA.

chris1979 makes a valid point. I have used that site a couple of times to find senior e-mail addresses and have had my topic handled much quicker and possibly more sympathetically as a result.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Roger
The ... .x. ... address is already in the public domain (see ceoemail.com) and is presumably at least tolerated by BA.
It is to some extent in a CEO's interest to be accessible to the public by e-mail as part of their job is to act as the public representative of a company.

If a CEO does not want to be accessible by e-mail then he or she can always create an obscure e-mail that is only accessible to those in the know and might change over time.

I built my business through cold e-mailing CEOs.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:21 am

I once wrote to Keith Williams (an actual letter, not an email). I hoped that BA would realise that by taking the time to write an actual letter, and addressing it to their CEO, they had a very annoyed customer. Alas, I got exactly the same bog-standard response you usually get if you use the standard approach.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by paul4040
This is the wrong email address. It's [email protected].

It's also pointless contacting him. A member of his team will forward your comments to Customer Relations who will give you a boilerplate reply.
This is quite right. I recently wrote by post to him about a horrendous Club Europe experience on recent flight back from GRX to LCY. Within a couple of days I received an email telling me that the customer relations would deal with it in the usual way (within 3 months most likely).
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
It is to some extent in a CEO's interest to be accessible to the public by e-mail as part of their job is to act as the public representative of a company.

If a CEO does not want to be accessible by e-mail then he or she can always create an obscure e-mail that is only accessible to those in the know and might change over time.

I built my business through cold e-mailing CEOs.
I think if he doesn't see ANY of the customer feedback/complaints then he can't possibly do his job properly.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Had a personal email from KW a while ago and just recently sent one on a Friday and had a reply on the Monday, sorted.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by sapper188
Had a personal email from KW a while ago and just recently sent one on a Friday and had a reply on the Monday, sorted.
A personal email from KW, or an email from KW's personal email address? They are not necessarily the same thing
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paralytic
A personal email from KW, or an email from KW's personal email address? They are not necessarily the same thing
Sometimes the CEO's PA will say one thing and the CEO will say another.

Originally Posted by CEO's PA
Dear Mr Sixth Freedom, We are not interested. Regards, CEO Tel: 000 000 000, Fax: 000 000 000
Originally Posted by CEO
Hi Sixth Freedom, Looks interesting and I will have my people get back to you. Best, Bob
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by CEO's PA
Dear Mr Sixth Freedom, We are not interested. Regards, CEO Tel: 000 000 000, Fax: 000 000 000
Originally Posted by CEO
Hi Sixth Freedom, Looks interesting and I will have my people get back to you. Best, Bob
Did you consider that the CEO's person did get back to you, but it just happened to be before the CEO did?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
I know for a fact that he does use the email address upthread in a personal capacity, based on my exchanges with him at this address and the way he referenced the main points of our previous face to face conversations. Whether he always responds personally is another question entirely and I would of course think that his email through this address is pre-filtered by a PA and that said PA also writes some of his responses.

I can however be sure that in the days that Richard Branson used to personally email me back offering me 20,000 flying club miles following a CS issue at VS, it was not in fact RB ... or could it have been!?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you consider that the CEO's person did get back to you, but it just happened to be before the CEO did?

No, but in this particular case I did end up speaking with another chap! Nothing came of it in the end though...
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I KNOW! Some of us have had that luxury!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.