Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Acceptable to request mismatching pajamas?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Acceptable to request mismatching pajamas?

The last time I took F, I was handed L sized pajamas. The top fitted loosely but the bottom was way too big. I handed both pieces back and requested a replacement in M size. This time the bottom fitted well but the top was a little too fitting, and after just one wash the top has shrunk so much that it wouldn't now fit.

Hence I'm wondering... for my next F flight, is it acceptable to request an L top but M bottom?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Perfectly acceptable to request them, but it will depend on how many they have available of each size. You may need to wait until they're all distributed until you know if they can give them to you.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Into London if we have them it wouldn't be a problem, ex London you would probably be refused if we knew the return flight was full.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Well if you went to a standard shop and wanted to buy a suit, and the 42 was fine for trousers but too tight for the jacket and the 44 was fine for the jacket but too large for trousers, do you think you could ask to take one of each?

Well, nope, this is what made to measure is for, and in this particular case, I fear that "made to measure" would be bringing your own pyjamas. The alternative would be to take the medium to use the bottoms and bring your own t-shirt or the other way round. If you ask for a "mix and match" you are effectively taking two pairs from the airline's stock as they won't be able to use either the half M or the half L for anything at all.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Well if you went to a standard shop and wanted to buy a suit, and the 42 was fine for trousers but too tight for the jacket and the 44 was fine for the jacket but too large for trousers, do you think you could ask to take one of each?
Really bad analogy as pretty much every off-the-peg suit shop sells jackets and trousers separately for exactly that reason

Seems like a perfectly reasonable request if there are sufficient pairs available, but I would understand if the request was politely refused.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
As said if we can accommodate a request we would, we never set out to refuse but we have to look at the bigger picture.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Why don't you bring your M bottoms with you?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:32 pm

With what a FC ticket costs I feel sure that the airline will try to accommodate you if it has sufficient stock. Can I Help You confirms that. BUT bringing your own bottom for the just in case if you have room seems a good idea.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:16 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by orbitmic

Well, nope, this is what made to measure is for, and in this particular case, I fear that "made to measure" would be bringing your own pyjamas. The alternative would be to take the medium to use the bottoms and bring your own t-shirt or the other way round. If you ask for a "mix and match" you are effectively taking two pairs from the airline's stock as they won't be able to use either the half M or the half L for anything at all.
Bespoke suit?

Bespoke F PJs, they will measure you in the CCR and have your made to measure PJs ready when you board.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:29 pm

I don't see it's any different than trying on one pair and then exchanging them for another as you did before. In both cases two pairs are used.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Acceptable to ask, acceptable to be denied.

And there seems to be some confusion over off the peg, made to measure and full bespoke but that's for a different forum...
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Why not just bring a T shirt and pair that with the medium PJ bottoms?

I often do that anyway as cabin temperatures mean that a short sleeved top is more comfortable.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Out of curiosity, do you automatically get pyjamas offered to you on day flights or is it only night flights?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 3:27 am

They should be offered on all flights. Lots of people don't bother on day flights, but I always do. It's nice to be comfortable and "insured" against being a mucky eater!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
My only pajama experiences have been on LY (one size onLY) and VS (I was sized up as a medium but will ask for a large next time) but I'm guessing they are sized with men in mind. Not sure of your gender but if you're a well-proportioned woman then I could understand having this problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.