Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL status update ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:32 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
This GGL malarkey works ! First BA flight since and that's resulted in an opup on 903 this Morning - best of all oped by a midhaul 321
You're very lucky... don't get used to it! I feel that GGLs are overlooked in the OpUp stakes as BA think they've "got' you anyway..

My Op Up rates are in the following status order:

Silver
Gold
GGL
Blue

(I've never been Bronze so have no dataset..!)
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Quote:

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl

This GGL malarkey works ! First BA flight since and that's resulted in an opup on 903 this Morning - best of all oped by a midhaul 321

You're very lucky... don't get used to it! I feel that GGLs are overlooked in the OpUp stakes as BA think they've "got' you anyway..

My Op Up rates are in the following status order:

Silver
Gold
GGL
Blue

(I've never been Bronze so have no dataset..!)
Aww

Here I was thinking I ought to try to keep this thing
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: BA GGL
I've had a very different experience since hitting GGL - various long hall sectors upgraded to F and a few short hauls upgraded to CE. On one occasion, following an aircraft change on a Madrid flight from SH to LH config, we were moved to the back of the plane as our seats no longer existed. Following a quick chat on-board, having advised that we had booked forward seats as we required a quick exit, we were moved to a CE flat bed 'as a favour to a GGL member'. Very kind of the crew member and resulted in a golden ticket. Add that to the excellent service I get when flying (always offered champagne in ET!) and the helpfulness of the GGL line, I'm loving my new status ^
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Im drooling reading all this good stuff about GGL - I will be there in a few weeks!! I am expecting lots Mr BA, so get upgrading me please, after all I Spend thousands $ ....... and if you don't I'll take my thousands $ elsewhere .....

seriously tho, I am looking forward to getting jokers and using some of those pesky avios.

However, that means taking direct flights and missing out on all the fun!

slightly OT , sorry, theres another thread at the mo about why people do TP runs - let me add that I love flying, airports etc etc and that these TP runs have cost me less, than flying direct (same cabins) and I get more flights.......

Thanks to all at flyertalk for their invaluable advice as always!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I've had a very different experience since hitting GGL - various long hall sectors upgraded to F and a few short hauls upgraded to CE. On one occasion, following an aircraft change on a Madrid flight from SH to LH config, we were moved to the back of the plane as our seats no longer existed. Following a quick chat on-board, having advised that we had booked forward seats as we required a quick exit, we were moved to a CE flat bed 'as a favour to a GGL member'. Very kind of the crew member and resulted in a golden ticket. Add that to the excellent service I get when flying (always offered champagne in ET!) and the helpfulness of the GGL line, I'm loving my new status ^
Taking my first non-F BA long-haul flight since attaining GGL next month (used a GUF on a o/w LHR-SYD on previous LH flight since then), here's hoping...
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Taking my first non-F BA long-haul flight since attaining GGL next month (used a GUF on a o/w LHR-SYD on previous LH flight since then), here's hoping...
I think you'll survive #firstworldproblems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.