Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New IAD BA lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I've used the BA IAD lounge when connecting from a BA flight to AA, no problem. However, pre-flight dining is only available to BA Club/First passengers and there is no access to the Concorde Dining area unless in BA First outbound.
Thank you!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Filthy_Monkey will start a new thread soon, but just a heads-up information here in this existing thread (and I'll link to the new thread asap). The policy with regards to access to the Concorde Dining at the new IAD lounge has changed recently; now CCR-card holders can access the Dining Area even if not travelling in First Class on BA. This has been changed according to the lounge angel around a months ago due to feedback. So great move BA indeed! ^

EDIT: And here is the dedicated thread to this change - LINK; so maybe all discussion could place take there to have everything in one place!?

Last edited by Frequent_Flyer1; Jan 3, 2015 at 5:58 pm
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
I am almost embarrassed to ask, but I am asking because I am embarrassed! This is my first visit to the new lounge at IAD and to describe the staff as being more that helpful would be a disservice.

I have never before tipped staff in a BA lounge, but through the mist of food and drink I am more than tempted to do so.... is this acceptable?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:43 pm
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
New IAD BA lounge

Shouldn't be an issue in the US. Are they contact our BA employees you could always use a golden ticket if you have one.

Either way you should make a comment to the station manager there if you had a positive experience. I have seen in other lounges where the manager will pull the staff aside and share positive feedback.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I am enjoying my first visit to the refurbished lounge at IAD and most excellent it is to. Especially the excellent bar complete with garrulous NY bar tender honing his Pimms technique on me currently. Nice job BA.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by cutting42
I am enjoying my first visit to the refurbished lounge at IAD and most excellent it is to. Especially the excellent bar complete with garrulous NY bar tender honing his Pimms technique on me currently. Nice job BA.
Say hi to Jerry. It's always refreshing to come across someone who absolutely LOVES their job. We met him when he was in his first few weeks of the job (back in December) and he kept saying this is the best job he has ever had...and it shows! He's a joy to be around.

Cheers!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
However, pre-flight dining is only available to BA Club/First passengers and there is no access to the Concorde Dining area unless in BA First outbound.
Pre-Flight Supper is for Club World passengers only, and Pre-Flight Dining (in the Concorde Dining Room) is for First passengers and Concorde Room cardholders only.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
Say hi to Jerry. It's always refreshing to come across someone who absolutely LOVES their job. We met him when he was in his first few weeks of the job (back in December) and he kept saying this is the best job he has ever had...and it shows! He's a joy to be around.
Seconded!

BTW, he's not from Noo Yoik, he's from Noo Joysey [as he explained, very specifically!]. We tried to explain Old Jersey to him, but I'm not sure if he completely grasped the idea! Perhaps he thought we were teasing?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 3:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Genius1
Pre-Flight Supper is for Club World passengers only, and Pre-Flight Dining (in the Concorde Dining Room) is for First passengers and Concorde Room cardholders only.
First Class passengers are entitled to have the Club Word pre-flight dining if they choose. Please note the context of my earlier reply.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used the lounge a few months ago via my Priority Pass card and was quite impressed with it myself. Here are a few photos:

Old Aug 20, 2015, 3:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Great photos CMK10 👍
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
IAD Lounge - amazing!

FYI, for those travelling to Washington anytime soon (with lounge access).

Not only is the lounge refurbishment excellent, the staff there are a real tribute to BA. Personal, attentive, entertaining. Brilliant.

The service bar is especially a great experience.

Very recommended.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
yeah I really enjoyed the bar last October too. Really good atmosphere. Didn't want to leave!
Old Sep 26, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: BA exec Gold,Etihad Gold. HH Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador, Marriott,SPG etc
Looking forward to using it at the end of the month, Travelling F on the A380 with the wife for a little weekend away............First time on a BA A380 as well
Old Sep 26, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by smartflyeralan
Looking forward to using it at the end of the month, Travelling F on the A380 with the wife for a little weekend away............First time on a BA A380 as well
Oooh that sounds awesome. Both the lounge at IAD and the BA A380 are among the best BA has to offer so enjoy yourself! If only IAD could be relocated closer to DC!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.