FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   New IAD BA lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1617557-new-iad-ba-lounge.html)

exmike Oct 3, 2014 6:13 am

New IAD BA lounge

Sitting here in the brand new IAD BA lounge. Very impressive! Will post pics later.

Globaliser Oct 3, 2014 8:13 am

The existing thread would welcome the pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ay-2014-a.html

T8191 Oct 3, 2014 8:48 am

i know where you're coming from, Globaliser, but it could be a good thing to have a new thread [and have a Mod lock the old one, with a link to here, as that's now 'history'].

Just a personal view.

BApilotinsider Oct 6, 2014 2:47 am

A review with photos.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tri...-washington-du

Tobias-UK Oct 6, 2014 3:18 am

Interesting that they've called the First dining room the Concorde Dining - I wonder if that means CCR Cardholders not in First can dine in there?

I use this route very often but have not had any communication from BA regarding the lounge or the Concorde Dining.

corporate-wage-slave Oct 6, 2014 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 23632475)
Interesting that they've called the First dining room the Concorde Dining - I wonder if that means CCR Cardholders not in First can dine in there?

I use this route very often but have not had any communication from BA regarding the lounge or the Concorde Dining.

I have just asked the question, and will revert if I hear anything.

T8191 Oct 6, 2014 3:35 am

Interesting to note the opening hours quoted there. Opening the Lounge at 1430 (was 1530) isn't much use when check-in/bag-drop doesn't open until 1500 (unless that's been changed since last month).

Possible typo? Or check-in has changed?

Sixth Freedom Oct 6, 2014 3:37 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 23620670)
i know where you're coming from, Globaliser, but it could be a good thing to have a new thread [and have a Mod lock the old one, with a link to here, as that's now 'history'].

Just a personal view.

I agree. The old thread was specifically about the old lounge closing whilst this thread is about the new open lounge.

jmc1K Oct 6, 2014 3:38 am

I am lucky enough to generally be in F when I fly ex-IAD, but if they are calling the dining area a CCR, I would definitely expect access with the card.

Tobias-UK Oct 6, 2014 4:44 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 23632498)
I have just asked the question, and will revert if I hear anything.

Thank you kind sir. I'll be in Our Club Thursday and Friday afternoon if you're about ^

Originally Posted by jmc1K (Post 23632510)
I am lucky enough to generally be in F when I fly ex-IAD, but if they are calling the dining area a CCR, I would definitely expect access with the card.

Same here, on both counts. I've done north of 20 sectors from IAD over the last 3 years and managed to get a First seat one way or another on all of them (UuA/OpUp/Revenue). Given the branding it is certainly reasonable to assume access will be offered to CCR Cardholders otherwise I see a riot!

corporate-wage-slave Oct 6, 2014 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 23632645)
Given the branding it is certainly reasonable to assume access will be offered to CCR Cardholders otherwise I see a riot!

I think that's KARFA's geographic and demographic department.

I may pop in on Thursday, so I'll keep an eye out for you.

KARFA Oct 6, 2014 5:15 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 23632664)
I think that's KARFA's geographic and demographic department.

:)

corporate-wage-slave Oct 6, 2014 4:46 pm

Don't shoot the messenger, but I've heard from the powers that be.

The Concorde Dining Room is not accessible to CCR cardholders or Prems unless travelling First. First passenger have access to this area from 14:30 hrs, but apparently CW passengers get access to the Dining Room from 16:00 hrs, which isn't quite how I read the BT article. Though this wasn't mentioned, I think we can presume there are two separate menus between First and CW.

As ever, experience on the ground would be useful.

sppunk Oct 6, 2014 5:49 pm

The Concorde Room is not accessible to cardholders, only those flying F.

From the businesstraveler.com article linked above:

Note that you can only go into the Concorde Dining area if you are flying First or are a guest of someone flying First, so don't try waving your Gold or Emerald card around. It won't help.

Tobias-UK Oct 6, 2014 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 23636189)
Don't shoot the messenger, but I've heard from the powers that be.

The Concorde Dining Room is not accessible to CCR cardholders or Prems unless travelling First. First passenger have access to this area from 14:30 hrs, but apparently CW passengers get access to the Dining Room from 16:00 hrs, which isn't quite how I read the BT article. Though this wasn't mentioned, I think we can presume there are two separate menus between First and CW.

As ever, experience on the ground would be useful.

Thanks for coming back. The policy is unlikely to affect me but I expect battles with the staff will not be unusual. I think BA have made a mistake here with either the name or the policy. They've created unnecessary confusion. Your source also appears confused regarding Club preflight dining, the press I've read has indicated Club dining is separate to First. My next departures from WAS will be domestic so I won't be able to get the word on the ground until January.

Originally Posted by sppunk (Post 23636438)
The Concorde Room is not accessible to cardholders, only those flying F.

From the businesstraveler.com article linked above:

The article doesn't mention Concorde Room Cardholders - a separate entity altogether to a Gold Card holder.