Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is the BA Galleries 'Oktoberfest' still on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the BA Galleries 'Oktoberfest' still on?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2014, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I'll be at the real thing tomorrow afternoon, so I'll have to take it easy on the Prelude in the morning!
Have a bottle in the morning, sleep it off on the flight and you'll be fine

As for yesterday I was disappointed to find they'd ran out of the ales before I got to the lounge. There was still a sign up showing what was offered but no beers left. It meant a high cost to BA as my flight was delayed so I had more time to spend drinking prelude.

Have they restocked today?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by layz
My wife tells me I snore more after I've been drinking...wouldn't want to subject anyone to that!

As for yesterday I was disappointed to find they'd ran out of the ales before I got to the lounge. There was still a sign up showing what was offered but no beers left. It meant a high cost to BA as my flight was delayed so I had more time to spend drinking prelude.

Have they restocked today?
You are soooo inconsiderate to your fellow lounge guests and the BA P&L.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
..would be nice to make a couple of decent beers a permanent feature in the fridges in my opinion.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adstring
..would be nice to make a couple of decent beers a permanent feature in the fridges in my opinion.
Agreed. It's worth making a note of this on the feedback iPads dotted around the lounge when you visit so they can see the demand.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Good to know.

Anyone seen it in the other lounges such as GC or it being promoted in the CCR menus? What about in T3?
Nothing in T3 on Friday.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Took your advice this morning, and now off to the Wiesn for some Oktoberfest beer and chicken. Mmmmm.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 1:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Adstring
Agree. I somehow missed this last week when going through T5 FLounge. I went straight for the wines, and enjoyed a very nice Chablis (nothing against the Taittinger, but I feel I know it well enough by now I might as well branch out).

BA should also try a rotating guest beer on flights, even in Y. London Pride is fine (though it seems not to be available in Y on the LHR-DME A321-operated flights, leaving just Tiger and Heineken), but some variety would be a nice change. There are plenty of good British beers that could be offered on a rotating basis.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chalf
Agree. I somehow missed this last week when going through T5 FLounge. I went straight for the wines, and enjoyed a very nice Chablis (nothing against the Taittinger, but I feel I know it well enough by now I might as well branch out).

BA should also try a rotating guest beer on flights, even in Y. London Pride is fine (though it seems not to be available in Y on the LHR-DME A321-operated flights, leaving just Tiger and Heineken), but some variety would be a nice change. There are plenty of good British beers that could be offered on a rotating basis.
My vote would go to BrewDog...
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A new week and the real Oktoberfest is now over are the ales still in the lounge?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
A new week and the real Oktoberfest is now over are the ales still in the lounge?
I was in there yesterday evening and No, they are no longer there. Ironic really, since it is now actually October.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.