Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club World enhancements - Club kitchen

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Club World enhancements - Club kitchen

Further Club World enhancements. The word in the air is BA have removed food from the club kitchen on night flights.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I seem to recall that the BA Source used to have a "Rumours" section, which assigned a plausibility rating to various theories floating around.

I wonder what plausibility rating people would assign to this "word in the air"?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

This is my source...

http://www.businesstraveller.com/dis...oduct-cutbacks
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
With all due respect, after reading BT forum for many years I would be very careful about taking any of the stuff on there at face value. Tbh I only now read it for the comical value.

Have you had any first hand experience of this icegirl? It may indeed be true, but I would wait and see if one of the many trusted FT'ers on this board report it first before spreading rumours.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
With all due respect, after reading BT forum for many years I would be very careful about taking any of the stuff on there at face value. Tbh I only now read it for the comical value.

Have you had any first hand experience of this icegirl? It may indeed be true, but I would wait and see if one of the many trusted FT'ers on this board report it first before spreading rumours.
Whilst I agree with what you say regarding BT, would anyone here really be surprised if this turned out to be true?

If so, I'm sure its based on customer feedback.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:20 am

I can tell you that it is true, no cold club kitchen products all for the night flight I have been on...another of BA's enhancement...ridiculous!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JALlover
I can tell you that it is true, no cold club kitchen products all for the night flight I have been on...another of BA's enhancement...ridiculous!
If true this is particularly bad on Sleeper Services where the meal service is already scaled back.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by bafan
If true this is particularly bad on Sleeper Services where the meal service is already scaled back.
Just did one, and nothing from the fridge or chiller, only with crisps and chocolate...not the first thing that I want waking up in the morning...
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Whilst I agree with what you say regarding BT, would anyone here really be surprised if this turned out to be true?

If so, I'm sure its based on customer feedback.
You are right, and this certainly would not be a surprise. JALlover seems to confirm it is true as well. I just wouldn't want FT to turn in to a place where all sorts of rumours posted in the BT forums are simply repeated without some kind of third party corroboration first.

But isn't the point of a sleeper service that the meal is deliberately scaled back since you are advised to eat in the lounge and maximise sleep onboard? I must confess when in CW on a sleeper service I have never asked for more than a cookie onboard before going to sleep.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Executive, Virgin FC
My flight in March was the same - there was nothing out at all - no drinks - nada - about halfway through the flight.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC
But isn't the point of a sleeper service that the meal is deliberately scaled back since you are advised to eat in the lounge and maximise sleep onboard? I must confess when in CW on a sleeper service I have never asked for more than a cookie onboard before going to sleep.
Yes, but if you couldn't eat in the lounge (for whatever reason) and either you slept through the meal, didn't like the (limited) offering, or just woke up hungry, you previously had the Club Kitchen option to fall back on.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
I just wouldn't want FT to turn in to a place where all sorts of rumours posted in the BT forums are simply repeated without some kind of third party corroboration first.
Some might suggest you're too late
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:47 am

Yes, but if you couldn't eat in the lounge (for whatever reason) and either you slept through the meal, didn't like the (limited) offering, or just woke up hungry, you previously had the Club Kitchen option to fall back on.
Yes, sorry I thought about this after I posted and was coming to a similar conclusion in that if you wake up in the middle of the night or are not sleeping there wouldn't be anything on offer for you if you are hungry.

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Some might suggest you're too late
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Oh yes I am well aware of the world of the armchair CEO that is the BT forum

I have not had any experience of this recent enhancement

Yes, sorry I thought about this after I posted and was coming to a similar conclusion in that if you wake up in the middle of the night or are not sleeping there wouldn't be anything on offer for you if you are hungry.

Apparentley there are still crisps, chocolate and ice cream. Meals would be leftovers from another cabin.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Friday's TATL in CW ... I didn't actually head for the Club Kitchen, but noticed there was very little on display.
(BA216, ETD IAD 1830 ... I guess I want to the loo around 2300 on that time-zone)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.