Wiki Posts
Search

Club World enhancements - Club kitchen

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Paralytic
This is a shocking "enhancement". I encourage all WT+ passengers to make a formal complaint to BA.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by T8191
I wonder whether Frank vdP thinks that an understocked 'school tuck shop' conveys the right image? But then I wonder whether he thinks at all. ...
I agree. And I thought the same thing when I saw him in the BBC BA documentary. His enthusiasm about 'Britishness' seemed very warped - as evidenced by the obsession with BA's pathetic version of afternoon tea.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by gordon0808
It's quite amusing how BA used to promote the "Club Kitchen" as something special when other airlines have similar or better selection of food items between meals without calling it anything... Food items between meals is something most airlines do offer. BA's catering has been a joke for years now. I just had a series of flights with QR, and the contrast is striking. They have meals on demand in business, and in addition you can order anything you'd like during the flight. Quality is excellent, and presentation beautiful.
BA are the absolute experts at spreading complete and utter tosh in their marketing. Compare how they describe their Premium Cabins to other major carriers like Cathay for instance.

If one were to believe BA marketing the Club World experience would be extra ordinary, and First the ultimate luxury in air travel.
It is comical, especially as the reality is so far from the marketing.

Not saying F or Club is terrible, but enhanced to sub standard, oh yes.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by T8191
I wonder whether Frank vdP thinks that an understocked 'school tuck shop' conveys the right image? But then I wonder whether he thinks at all.
I'd be interested to hear what he thinks. Apparently all of BA is on a major cost cutting drive (everything being attacked) so not only a reduced Club Kitchen but extras like pre take off cava in WT plus is going (according to crew on Upper deck on JNB a few weeks back)
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Cost cutting will only work until those of us paying realise that we can get better value elsewhere.... I understand the scale and the perceived savings, but it only takes a few passengers to start saying no and the enhancements have a big negative effect on the bottom line.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Cost cutting will only work until those of us paying realise that we can get better value elsewhere.... I understand the scale and the perceived savings, but it only takes a few passengers to start saying no and the enhancements have a big negative effect on the bottom line.
Agree. It is getting tiring now. A few colleagues are getting fed up as well i. e washbags, the new Club Europe cabin. It seems that the bean counters are determined to strip and strip.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by Paralytic
This is a shocking "enhancement". I encourage all WT+ passengers to make a formal complaint to BA.
really it should have been called WTP Kitchen ftom the get go.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
really it should have been called WTP Kitchen ftom the get go.
On a recent mid-J flight (WTP between F and J, I was in WTP), there was both a 'club kitchen' and a 'W snackbox'. I only looked at the latter, and frankly, prefer my snacks to be unhealthy, so was fairly satisfied with what was on offer.

tb
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum and BAEC blue again :'(
At least we can be proud of the fact BA has an excellent marketing department. It's probably the only area they excel at. Then again, they did scrap Flower Duet form the TV ads :'(
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by WeAreFlyingHigh
Then again, they did scrap Flower Duet form the TV ads :'(
This piece of music must have been too expensive!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
This piece of music must have been too expensive!
Didnt they buy the copyright of the music and apply patent for it? Or they find it too expensive to keep the patent as well
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by JALlover
Didnt they buy the copyright of the music and apply patent for it? Or they find it too expensive to keep the patent as well
Given the Flower Duet is from the late 1800s, surely there is no copyright to speak of?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by gordon0808
I just had a series of flights with QR, and the contrast is striking. They have meals on demand in business, and in addition you can order anything you'd like during the flight. Quality is excellent, and presentation beautiful.
Sorry to rub this in. Nothing compares to JL on their 777 long haul. After your main meal, can order off screen a range of hot meals on demand.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:58 am

I am afraid it is true. On all overnight flights, all chilled items and ice cream have now been removed.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by Sigwx
I am afraid it is true. On all overnight flights, all chilled items and ice cream have now been removed.
Frankly I don't miss the ice cream. By the time I wake up in the night they would've dissolved into some liquid gooey mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.