Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

E-Ticked issued and confirmed but no payment taken?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-Ticked issued and confirmed but no payment taken?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I have a similar query - upgraded with Avios over the phone from SIN-LHR Club to First (35,000) maybe seven weeks ago, and the avios have still not gone. I did get a new 125- number a while ago so assume the ticket is now in order, just not taken the Avios. Travel is not until April

However, on outbound upgrade on the phone and Avios taken almost immediately

What might the issue be?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Back in January I booked a trip to DXB with BA holidays for November. Paid 300 ish deposit at the time with the balance to pay 10 weeks or so before departure. Paid this on 23 August and while the payment initially showed as pending on the Amex website, it never appeared in recent transactions.

Gutted to get a phone call from BA this afternoon apologizing for their IT issue and chasing 2400. Apparently their 6 monthly audit picked up the problem.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA have yet to charge my card for my trip to the US last September. My company finance people are chasing them to bill it as they don't like loose ends!
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:05 am

I booked a flight today (well, BA holiday) and while the deposit has went into "pending" according to my online banking, I've not been sent an email with a receipt or ticket number.

I did reserve a seat on one of the legs using manage my booking and received an email advising of the change almost instantly though!
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fnl111
I booked a flight today (well, BA holiday) and while the deposit has went into "pending" according to my online banking, I've not been sent an email with a receipt or ticket number.

I did reserve a seat on one of the legs using manage my booking and received an email advising of the change almost instantly though!
Seat choices can be made on a reservation before it is ticketed (unless you need to pay for the seat selection, in which case, you cannot).
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:31 am

What about the delay in getting your c/card avios!

Oh the humanity
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Seat choices can be made on a reservation before it is ticketed (unless you need to pay for the seat selection, in which case, you cannot).
Ah, that'll explain it. Thank you.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:20 am

I have a similar issue which I would appreciate advice on:

Upgraded an Avios booking from WT to Club on the outbound leg. Extra Avios were debited, but no charge on my CC, no confirmation email and (in the BA app) no 125-xxx ticket number.

Should I be concerned? I was quite chuffed to grab the two CW seats when they became available so would be annoyed if I have lost them!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long ago did you make the booking and when is the flight?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:25 am

How long ago did you make the booking and when is the flight?
Made the change over the phone about 2 weeks ago. Flight is not until August.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Give it another two weeks then it may be worth chasing it up.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:29 am

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Give it another two weeks then it may be worth chasing it up.
OK, thanks. Quite happy to not have the extra charge in my post-Christmas credit card bill if I am honest!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.