Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

E-Ticked issued and confirmed but no payment taken?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, Asiana Club Silver

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help, I have booked and payed for my BA Holiday back in mid August but still there is no payment gone through on the card. I have checked my booking and there is no balance outstanding and e-tickets have been issued.
I have also checked www.checkmytrip.com and it is all confirmed on there also.

Has anyone else ever experienced this as it states my ticket was issued on the 20th August?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

OZ-Fan
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I've had similar, the money (and Avios) were eventually taken, in fact not too long before actual departure.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold, VS Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Typically great customer experience from BA!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
To add some recent experience on this (I also discussed my booking in another thread), I booked a ticket on a Friday, with the e-ticket issued immediately. The charge hit my card the following Wednesday, for travel in late December.

Interestingly, and somewhat annoyingly, on the same day they charged me for a booking I had made on Thursday and then cancelled within the 24-hour grace period. I had previously received a notice that the refund has already been processed, so I imagine the credit will hit soon. But surely it might have saved them a step to jump in and not bill the card at all....
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Having read a number of threads recently about this, I have come to the view that BA feel that they have too much money in their bank account and are therefore having to ration how much they take off their passengers. [When ECB Euro interest rates are below zero in some cases this isn't quite as mad as it looks. But still fairly mad]. Ditto with taking bookings of telephone customers, the long queues there are presumably to prevent further money coming in.

However I don't think we've seen many cases when BA hasn't bothered to collect the money at all, and believe or not someone, somewhere on FT would ask the question if it had. If you have an issued ticket then you are fine for travelling.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
To add some recent experience on this (I also discussed my booking in another thread), I booked a ticket on a Friday, with the e-ticket issued immediately. The charge hit my card the following Wednesday, for travel in late December.

Interestingly, and somewhat annoyingly, on the same day they charged me for a booking I had made on Thursday and then cancelled within the 24-hour grace period. I had previously received a notice that the refund has already been processed, so I imagine the credit will hit soon. But surely it might have saved them a step to jump in and not bill the card at all....
Were these flight-only tickets? If so, then these experiences may not have any relevance to the OP's position, which relates to BA Holidays.

For a flight-only ticket, the process for billing your credit card appears to be completely automatic, although BA's systems seem to take a few days to send the charge to the credit card company. Other airlines can be faster than this.

But for that reason, I'm not surprised that you still get charged for a ticket that you cancel within 24 hours. The credit card charging process presumably gets activated immediately the ticket is issued, but the refund has to be manually started and (by definition) started later.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I've had this as well. I don't know about Visa cards, but on Amex there is a function to see what authorisations have been taken. When I checked that, I saw that the payment had been authorised, but not processed by BA. The payment came out about a week later. The only it has ever worked like that for me (unless I hadn't noticed previous ones.)
Old Oct 2, 2014, 3:00 am

I'm up to nearly a month since making a payment for a BA holiday and the money still hasn't come off the card. It's taken so long the pending transaction has gone from my account online and even the block on my available credit has now gone. I would have thought that BA would have liked the cash in the bank but clearly not. I've got the receipt for payment and my booking is showing fully paid up and confirmed so I'm not concerned.

I'd quite like them to take it soon, it was helping with the sign up bonus spend on a new card!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Been there, done that. An extremely favourable MR on IB tx, BA metal, ticketed day after late night reservation. Card debited 5 months later, still 4 months ahead of flying.

Although insurance companies less so, no airline runs on charity.

Don't worry, they're coming to take you away...
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Glad to read this, it has put my mind at rest. I paid the balance of a BA Holiday on the 16th September, 4 days before the due date using my BA Amex. It's now disappeared from the pending transactions etc as others have experienced. We travel at the end of November.

As it's a common problem I won't bother getting in touch with them, but I am a bit unimpressed at the apparent business practice of not taking payment when the customer tries to do so. There may have been a reason someone paid on a certain date, especially when there are (for some I am sure but not me!) substantial bonus Avios at play which they may want for something.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
It seems like all the other IT aspects of BA, they just don't have enough hamsters to run their computers fast enough to process the credit card queue.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold, some hotels...
Originally Posted by LondonElite
on Amex there is a function to see what authorisations have been taken.
Slightly OT am afraid, but how do you find that, have never seen it? Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gold77
Slightly OT am afraid, but how do you find that, have never seen it? Thanks.
I assume LondonElite means the "pending transactions" at the top of the page.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Calchas
I assume LondonElite means the "pending transactions" at the top of the page.
Yes (I think so). This is a few years back.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, Asiana Club Silver
Thanks Guys,

Obv we are 7 weeks since tickets were issued and payment taken (loosely stated) but still nothing on my CC and no authorised holds and only 7 weeks till we go.

Has it ever happened where BA hasn't taken the payment until after the return or not at all?

Thanks

OZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.