Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It doesn't matter which you chose the seats are horizontal facing both directions.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It doesn't matter which you chose the seats are horizontal facing both directions.
right, but when the plane is flying, the front is normally raised, so i don't want my head to be lower than my body - if lying completely down in a forward facing seat, my head will be lower down, and will give me a headache, unless i don't lower the seat fully.
I just want to know what is best - a forward facing seat (better for take-off) and not lower the seat fully, or a rear facing seat fully lowered?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Sounds like you want a rear-facing seat
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by benberg2013
right, but when the plane is flying, the front is normally raised, so i don't want my head to be lower than my body - if lying completely down in a forward facing seat, my head will be lower down, and will give me a headache, unless i don't lower the seat fully.
I just want to know what is best - a forward facing seat (better for take-off) and not lower the seat fully, or a rear facing seat fully lowered?
During cruise I think (from memory) we are talking around 3 degrees nose up or around that. I would have to go and look it up for an accurate answer, and of course it is dependent on aircraft type and load.

Personally I don't think it is noticeable. In any case I prefer rearward facing since they are the window seats (apart from on 767s) and therefore more private and less disturbed by aisle traffic.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The seat recline takes into account the angle and there is no difference, in the forward facing seats your head will be higher than your feet.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL PM
I'm looking into flying on the UD of a TATL 744 for the first time. I spoke to a BA rep and it appears that the only available two seats together are 63J/K on the day I inquired about.

Are these reasonable seats, or should I check availability on another day?

Thank you.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These are good seats with the advantage of if you are slim enough you can squeeze forward out of 63K and not have to step over anyone to get out of your seat.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
These are good seats with the advantage of if you are slim enough you can squeeze forward out of 63K and not have to step over anyone to get out of your seat.
And 63J has nobody stepping over them. Not a bad pair at all.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I prefer aisle seats (I'm short and don't like having to crawl over people which I have to do in the window seats in CW). On an upcoming flight (ORD-LHR 294), the only aisle seats remaining available on the upper deck are 60B, 64B, and 63J (windows 63A and 63K are available). I don't want the emergency exit responsibility so don't really want to take 63J.

Would either 60B or 64B be worth prereserving? Or would I be better off just choosing a lower deck seat? There are two center aisle seats left available in the forward cabin and most of the seats are available in the main cabin (for example 17J which would mean no one climbing over me, right?).
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are slim you will be able to squeeze out from 63A or K by going forward and you won't have to step over anyone to get out.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are slim you will be able to squeeze out from 63A or K by going forward and you won't have to step over anyone to get out.
Unfortunately I definitely can't be described as slim.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you are beautifully curvy? go for 60B.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you are beautifully curvy? go for 60B.
Thank you.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ENTP
And 63J has nobody stepping over them. Not a bad pair at all.
Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.
Old May 5, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
I am flying NRT-LHR on a 777 in CW later this year. I will be flying with another adult and 2 children (aged 3 and 5). I know people generally recommend trying to get the 4 middle seats where the bassinet position is as the children can take the middle seats and have space to play. However, these seats are already taken.

Any other recommendations? I'm mainly wondering whether 4 middle seats are best or 2 rows of seats B and D (across the aisle but facing in same direction) so can get proper face-to-face contact throughout. I'm guessing the former, but would be keen to hear advice from people with more familiarity with the CW cabin and the 777. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.