Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:13 pm

I'm flying on BA0052 LHR - SEA on the 26th June and I didn't book my seat and there are no single seats left, could you advise as to which is the best out of these that are left please.

10 E&F
12 F
13 E&F
14 E&F
15 F

I know I should have booked them earlier but was hoping I wouldn't have to pay the £75 fee.

Many thanks
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:42 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Rubyruby1
I'm flying on BA0052 LHR - SEA on the 26th June and I didn't book my seat and there are no single seats left, could you advise as to which is the best out of these that are left please.

10 E&F
12 F
13 E&F
14 E&F
15 F
Providing the aircraft type helps.

In addition to the above, 11K, 15A, 15E, 15K are blocked. I would take 15F now and look to change to 15A if it becomes available 3 days before the flight.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Revenge
Thanks to FT I've managed to save enough Avios and get a companion voucher and have booked Mrs Revenge and myself for a trip to the Caribbean next April. It will be my first ever time flying longhaul business class so I'm very excited!

I've looked through the forum but haven't found general advice on which CW seats to pick. They are all available and 2A/2B (772 3-class config) look good to me but is there any general advice seat selection for a nice romantic flight?

Also I'm guessing front is good for choice of meals but having never flown CW before I don't even know if the food service starts at the front of the cabin. Sorry if I've missed these answers elsewhere.

Thanks!
They distribute a menu pre-flight or early flight. Come back later to take your order. There's no trolley service and they shouldn't run out of choice.

Actually I only had it once when they ran out of the starter I wanted. I gave them the very p*ssed look, they ended up giving me whatever they have up in First.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Currently booked into 13A both ways on a return 772 flight to KUL.

Also have 64B on a 744 on the sleeper from BOS (64A is blocked) and 53A on the A380 from LAX and IAD (also overnights).

Am I missing anything obvious? The outbound legs to the US are in WT or WTP in each case.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 5:37 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Revenge
Also I'm guessing front is good for choice of meals but having never flown CW before I don't even know if the food service starts at the front of the cabin.
Originally Posted by akinldn
They distribute a menu pre-flight or early flight. Come back later to take your order. There's no trolley service and they shouldn't run out of choice.

Actually I only had it once when they ran out of the starter I wanted. I gave them the very p*ssed look, they ended up giving me whatever they have up in First.
Meal orders should be taken and if there are not enough of each type then prioritised by status, rather than by row or FEBO.

BA does often run out of options and if you have low/no status you may be stuck with the last/worst option of starter and main.

Originally Posted by Cymro
Also have 64B on a 744 on the sleeper from BOS (64A is blocked) and 53A on the A380 from LAX and IAD (also overnights).

Am I missing anything obvious?
I would take 64K, 63A/K, 62A/K over 64B.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Cymro
Also have 64B on a 744 on the sleeper from BOS (64A is blocked) ...

Am I missing anything obvious?
To add to nux's reply, 64B is liable to suffer from light and noise from the toilet every time someone goes in and out. It's similar to 60B in this respect. Even 64J would be better than 64B.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Globaliser
To add to nux's reply, 64B is liable to suffer from light and noise from the toilet every time someone goes in and out. It's similar to 60B in this respect. Even 64J would be better than 64B.
I wasn't bothered too much the time I flew in 64B. Though it is certainly the worst seat on the UD, it's still much better than a number of the seats on the main deck. Of course I used earplugs and eyeshades.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:45 am

64K isn't available, but 63 and 62 A/K are available...

I've currently switched to 63K but presumably there is no aisle access without stepping over 63J. However, on balance, I'd rather be stepping over than stepped over (I think).
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Why not go for 62A or K then since both have direct aisle access?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
If you are slender like me you can squeeze between the seat and bins into the emergency exit area from 63AK, with no stepping over required.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by ENTP
If you are slender like me you can squeeze between the seat and bins into the emergency exit area from 63AK, with no stepping over required.
My last post was messed up! My choices are 64B/J, 62J or 63ABJK.

On the basis that 63AK have direct aisle access and I can therefore sleep undisturbed, and it's a night flight so I'm unlikely to notice the difference from the window until I land at Heathrow (and frankly I'm doing that twice on this trip) I'll go with 62J as 62K can get direct aisle access and I can sleep undisturbed.

Thanks all and apologies for wibbling.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Hang on, 62J will be stepped over by 61K.
You need 63 B or J to avoid being stepped over. 63AK step over 64BJ, or squeeze out.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:24 am

Whew! In that case, 63J might be the way forward.

I'm unlikely to do much 747 travel anyway but this is still a learning experience!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by nux
Providing the aircraft type helps.

In addition to the above, 11K, 15A, 15E, 15K are blocked. I would take 15F now and look to change to 15A if it becomes available 3 days before the flight.
Sorry I forgot about the aircraft type, it's a 777.

Thank you for your reply.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Is there any reason to pay for CW seats on a 773? Or is 24 hours before good enough on this aircraft.

I have no status and like the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.