Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Hi - I am also on a 744 LHR-SFO - can anyone suggest what seats to avoid if privacy / noise are a concern
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Sliver,LH Senator,Emirates Platimium
For privacy 1A or 1K but it can be noisy with the door of the wardrobe
But I prefer 3A or 3K, privacy is fine and less noise than 5A or 5K
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
747 First cabin seats

Hi,

After some time away from BA this year, I have booked F return for my next USA trip. I normally travel WTP or CW, but F was cheaper on the current sale.

I have flown F on BA before (upgrades) but never on a 747, only on 777. I searched but couldn't find detailed pictures of the cabin and every source seems to show slight differences.

Taking the official BA seat map as basis:

1) What is at the nose, between 1A and 1K? TV/papers,cupboard,seat for cabin crew?

2) The layout in the seat selection page in my BAEC is similar, but only the return shows the toilet and catering symbols at the back of the cabin. Is this relevant? Is there any difference in the galley kitchen/fridge setup between flight out and return? (I understand food options may be different between day and night flight, but is the basic facility the same?)

3) What's between 5A and the toilets? Just empty space by door 1L or jump seat for crew?

4) Is there space to go from one side to the other from behind the kitchen (the space between the cabin separator in dotted line and the kitchen/cupboard block in the middle)?

5) What's the single catering symbol starboard? Is it a self-service station/fridge?

6) What's between 5K and the catering symbol in point 5? Just empty space by door 1R or jump seat for crew?

7) What's between the catering symbol in point 5 and the cabin separator? Empty space, crew seats, crew rest/sleep area, trolley storage, cupboard?

8) Are the barriers to the next cabin likely to have the annoying rope as well as the curtains?

Thanks!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dc2447
Hi - I am also on a 744 LHR-SFO - can anyone suggest what seats to avoid if privacy / noise are a concern
2AK are the best seats in the house if travelling solo.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I will try and answer some of your questions - you don't half want to know much do you

1) What is at the nose, between 1A and 1K? TV/papers,cupboard,seat for cabin crew?
It is a cupboard which is availble to all F passengers. It can often be used by just 1A and K since there is no overhead bins above that row. It can also be used for jackets, suits and other stuff you don't want crushed.

2) The layout in the seat selection page in my BAEC is similar, but only the return shows the toilet and catering symbols at the back of the cabin. Is this relevant? Is there any difference in the galley kitchen/fridge setup between flight out and return? (I understand food options may be different between day and night flight, but is the basic facility the same?)
Not relevant, the toilets and galleys are in the same place at the rear of the cabin on all 747s.

3) What's between 5A and the toilets? Just empty space by door 1L or jump seat for crew?
A bulkhead which isn't really shown on your seat map. This is the view back from row 1 and you can see it at the rear of the cabin separating the cabin from the galley.

4) Is there space to go from one side to the other from behind the kitchen (the space between the cabin separator in dotted line and the kitchen/cupboard block in the middle)?
No. Once you are past the galley you are in the CW cabin and there are seats which stop you crossing the cabin. You can cross from one aisle to another either near 2A & 2K or across the galley only. The next crossing point is further back in the galley across doors 2L and 2R.

5) What's the single catering symbol starboard? Is it a self-service station/fridge?
No real significance. It is all part of the galley which goes across from door 1L to 1R. There is no specific self serve area for F as everything should be brought to you. There is a Club World kitched further back near door 2L which F passengers sometimes try and use, but it is supposed to be for CW passengers only.

6) What's between 5K and the catering symbol in point 5? Just empty space by door 1R or jump seat for crew?
See answer above.

7) What's between the catering symbol in point 5 and the cabin separator? Empty space, crew seats, crew rest/sleep area, trolley storage, cupboard?
Crew rest area is elsewhere. See above photo for answer.

8) Are the barriers to the next cabin likely to have the annoying rope as well as the curtains?
I haven't seen the rope in use between the rear of the F galley and the next cabin but it could be used - why is it annoying?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by varkey
Hi,

After some time away from BA this year, I have booked F return for my next USA trip. I normally travel WTP or CW, but F was cheaper on the current sale.

I have flown F on BA before (upgrades) but never on a 747, only on 777. I searched but couldn't find detailed pictures of the cabin and every source seems to show slight differences.

Thanks!
When I was researching something similar, I turned to youtube. Many fliers feel the need to record their premium experience on video, and by watching a couple you will get a good feel for what the cabin looks like. Between 1A & K is a wardrobe btw.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by varkey
Hi,

A wardrobe/cupboard as 1A/K has no overhead storage

No, the layout is standard for all flights

Not completely sure on this one but usually there are jump seats by all doors.

Not sure on this, all my F flights on 747s have been night flights so never really looked.

Self-service? this if F.

Not really looked

Never really looked

Yes it keeps out the hoi polloi.

Thanks!
BTW are you an estate agent?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:49 pm

BA 777-200 (4 classes)

I recently found award flights to FCO on BA on their 777-200, 4 class bird. We are travelling as a couple in First and was wondering which is the best seats for a couple. My wife don't mine being in front or behind, since we both want window seats on flight BA 66 (PHI to LHR), 9/05 where we would connect in LHR onward to FCO.

Out of curiosity: How about a window and an aisle seat. They just look like they're not too close to talk to each other either. This bird has 14 F seats only. Any suggestion is appreciated from anyone who has been through this scenario.

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:54 pm

Not much to see on a night sector, I would opt to sit together in 1 or 2 E/F and of course you can always use the buddy seat to dine together if you do chose another option. Other than that perhaps 1/2 A.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:50 am

FCO is Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport in Rome. Do you mean somewhere else?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by KARFA
FCO is Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport in Rome. Do you mean somewhere else?
I think the route is PHL-LHR-FCO hand he's asking about the first leg.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:33 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
If you want a window, rows 2-3
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I think the route is PHL-LHR-FCO hand he's asking about the first leg.
Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Although 4-class 772s to FCO would be a nice change. It might give the locals more space for their carry-on.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:18 am

Privacy a concern

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Although 4-class 772s to FCO would be a nice change. It might give the locals more space for their carry-on.

Like someone else said, the 777-200 is only the PHI>LHR segment. How private is the or 2 E/F seats are? I have a feeling that the center/middle seats are wide open with less privacy. Is this so?

Any photo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.