Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
All that said there's plenty space in the wardrobe for A/K1's carry on and any other luggage that other pax cannot fit overhead. I've never seen a situation where F pax luggage couldn't be accommodated on a BA B747.
1A was a DYKWIA sleb overladen with large items of hand luggage. He put 1 piece in the front wardrobe. There were a few jackets in there and he didn't fancy trying to put a second one in so he filled 2A's locker. 2A boarded and used 3A, then 3A protested. There was an exchange of words and CC resolved it by taking some of his stuff from 2A and putting it in the wardrobe. Where it should have been.

So yes, there's plenty of space for reasonable people. This incident was an extreme example and I just mentioned it as a friction point because you sometimes encounter unreasonable people.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fripperies
To your questions, in sequence:

1. Yes, I do realise there are a maximum of 14 seats. I also realise there are two more than the number of overhead lockers.
2. Not necessarily, and that was the point of my post. If both pax have a moderate amount of hand luggage it is possible. If 1A has 3 over-large items and takes over the locker labelled 2A, then it isn't possible. That's what happened in the entertaining scenario I described in my post.
3. I bring one small carry on. Why do you ask?
4. Yes, I realise that.

Anything else I can help you with?
Ok, well I was trying to help and there was a tongue in cheek smiley in my post so perhaps a little less with the attitude?

Seems like you had an unusually bad situation in the one you posted. I can't say I have ever struggled like that before and as you know there is plenty of storage space around the first cabin.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Quote:

Originally Posted by badoc

... Just seems a shame as I have phoned twice, when I could see the seat was available, yet it wouldn't allocate it - yet there are tales galore here about how people manage to snag the 1AK pair at T-72, T-48 etc...

Sometimes row 1 only becomes available when check-in opens. Poor show from the Gold Line though, hopefully it'll work out for you both.
Credit to BA - 1A/K were indeed allocated at check in. They must have blocked the seat for me.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Had a great JFK LHR 744 in First yesterday - had 1A and bed made up in 1K. Only five in cabin and very quiet and peaceful. Would recommend
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
OH and I had 1A&K MIA-LHR a few days ago. Fantastic!
This is indeed a seat pair worth snagging while the 747s are still around
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Ok, well I was trying to help and there was a tongue in cheek smiley in my post so perhaps a little less with the attitude?

Seems like you had an unusually bad situation in the one you posted. I can't say I have ever struggled like that before and as you know there is plenty of storage space around the first cabin.
Sorry Karfa. I misread you and I failed to see the smiley. Goodwill and peace to all in 2015.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Had a great JFK LHR 744 in First yesterday - had 1A and bed made up in 1K. Only five in cabin and very quiet and peaceful. Would recommend
That is absolutely the best it gets. Some people are wary of 1A/K because of potential proximity to a stranger but I feel it's always worth taking 1A or 1K because once in a while you get lucky as you did yesterday.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks fripperies! It was delightful - especially considering it was 20k AVIOS there was a chap in 1K who the CSD walked over, and he moved straight to 5K! I think he was being considerate as worked all flight with lights on.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold , HH Diamond , IHG Diamond Elite, Accor Gold
just snagged 1A for my first F with BA,(best trips ever in F was with RG),seating map just showing 5E/F blocked at present time,and lots of free seats in J,so hopefully a nice peaceful and great flight
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold , HH Diamond , IHG Diamond Elite, Accor Gold
Hope i get a good crew,thought about GIG instead as that's mixed fleet,fingers crossed
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Why, do you expect MF crew to be better?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Can I help you
2K and 3K are good seats.
To be clear on the -200 there is a toilet in front of 1F and 1K only but the seats are angled away from looking into the toilets so you wouldn't be affected by any light.
On the -300 the toilets are behind 4A and 4K.
I hadn't realised until a flight last week that the toilets on 773 for both F and CW are behind the cabins which the crew didn't think was a great design (and I probably agree).

I was in 1A in 772 recently and found that seat quite noisy and the light from the galley was annoying (it was a day flight and the crew had the curtain out but it was still quite light). Moved myself to 2K on 773 on the next flight I had and it was better. Therefore also moved myself to 2K on return from SYD next week.

Guess point of post is that 1A / K on 744 are great (love the fact you can sort of look forward) but I think I will avoid on 777 (whether 2 or 3) though there is something that appeals about front row and not seeing others.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA, LH
To Abu Dhabi 27th Jan

I'm lucky enough to be flying First LHR to Abu Dhabi at the end of Jan, back early Feb. BA seat maps on line seem to disagree with seat guru. Any ideas which plane it might be - 777 is all I can be sure of. Looks like old first. Middle seats - 3 or 4 rows? Travelling with Mrs MLB. Any thoughts appreciated? Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mlb7171
I'm lucky enough to be flying First LHR to Abu Dhabi at the end of Jan, back early Feb. BA seat maps on line seem to disagree with seat guru. Any ideas which plane it might be - 777 is all I can be sure of. Looks like old first. Middle seats - 3 or 4 rows? Travelling with Mrs MLB. Any thoughts appreciated? Thanks.
There are no old first 777s. Don't bother looking at seat guru since it is rubbish. A good source of seat maps is here

http://www.thebasource.com

How many f seats are there on your ba mmb seat map?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA, LH
Originally Posted by KARFA
How many f seats are there on your ba mmb seat map?
BA is showing 1-5 A, 1, 2, 4 & 5 E/F, and 1-4 K. Total 17.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.