Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Argentina (EZE) Flight Schedule Reduction from March 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

BA have emailed me today informing me that they have cancelled my outbound flight to EZE next June.

A quick look at the timetables seems to show a reduction from daily to x5 weekly LHR-EZE.

Interestingly, the Sao Paulo service seems to be increasing from daily x10 weekly.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:30 am

Same here. Very disappointed. That's a day out of our trip.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:48 am

Interesting that BA.com will still sell me a ticket on my cancelled flight...
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Our departure date is one day later so I've asked them to move our return date by one day too.

The original departure date was actually my 30th birthday too!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:02 am

That's not an option for us - we have all kinds of other bookings during our trip that can't be pushed back.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Advice on rebooking due to BA cancelling a flight

Hi all

I have a booking for LHR-EZE-LHR next June, CW (UuA at booking stage from WTP).

BA have cancelled my outbound flight due to a reduction in frequency and pushed it back by one day. I'm happy with this so long as they will push back my return flight by one day as we have a schedule planned travelling around Argentina and Uruguay.

Incidentally, the original outbound flight was booked to depart on my 30th birthday (I'm not expecting extra leverage because of this though!). Will there be a problem with this? It seems like a completely reasonable request to me but I've not been in this situation before with an Avios upgraded ticket.

Thanks

Bobbie
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:20 am

I just hung up from the Gold line asking about options - I wish I'd seen this first as I'd have asked for you.

I have learned that my options are: 1) accept rebooking a day earlier or later 2) complete refund but NOT the one I wanted which was rebooking on an indirect service using IB or AA.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
in my experience BA is pretty flexible as soon as a booked flight got canceled. so it should not be a problem for you requesting the later return, if there is a BA flight on that day.

edit: well, my post did make a hell of a lot more sense as long as the threads were nor merged

Last edited by flolee; Aug 28, 2014 at 4:38 am
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:36 am
Original Poster

WindowontheAside - I was proactively offered a change to indirect flights with IB via Madrid (AA via JFK was mentioned too) on my original date but it didn't work for me as I could only fly in the evening. I'd call back and try a different agent.

Also, refunded some Avios for not being able to travel on my birthday
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
The GRU flight increase kicks in in a couple of weeks. Not entirely surprised by EZE reductions considering what's happening to the economy.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
It's poor form that an airline (not just BA!) can screw its customers holiday plans as with windowontheAisle above, with practically no repercussions, whereas if the customer was to call the airline to change their plans there'll be penalties and fees and so on.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
It's poor form that an airline (not just BA!) can screw its customers holiday plans as with windowontheAisle above, with practically no repercussions, whereas if the customer was to call the airline to change their plans there'll be penalties and fees and so on.
It's all part of the "Game Rules", aka Booking Terms and Conditions!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:33 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D257 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by dddc
It's all part of the "Game Rules", aka Booking Terms and Conditions!
1) the fairness/inequity of something isn't negated by the fact it's contractual
In any event
2)the terms and conditions are non-negotiable and fixed.

The point stands, the dice are loaded in the airlines favour. Hence the rationale for consumer protection regulations such as EU261. It's a shame they don't cover situations like this.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
BA have finally realised that HIDDY is not such a frequent flyer after all.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
well you got 10 months advanced notice right? Can that really be considered poor form? After all if any airline must honour a flight once a single person has forward booked a seat then the consequence will be that bookings will not be permitted more than say 3 months forward...so the vast majority would suffer as a consequence surely

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.