Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day Pass to BA Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Day Pass to BA Lounge

I'm interested in buying day passes to the BA lounge at JFK and Orly but I can't seem to find any information on their website. Thank you.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
You can't buy day passes to BA lounges.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA GOLD, Tufty Club, Virgin Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, ICH Platinum Ambassador. MAS Gold
Originally Posted by ski8fan
I'm interested in buying day passes to the BA lounge at JFK and Orly but I can't seem to find any information on their website. Thank you.
Lounge access on BA is by class of travel or BAEC status.

You cannot buy a pass for lounge entry.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Welcome to FT, ski8fan.

BA lounges can only be accessed if you have oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status, or are travelling in oneworld first or business class.

There is no BA lounge at ORY - BA use the Iberia VIP Lounge.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
That's because they are not sold. I don't think BA has a lounge in Orly either.

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
As mentioned there's no lounge passes but keep an eye out for upgrade offers. You need to be in business class (Club World/Biz Bed) or higher for lounge access.

I'm guessing you're flying Openskies due to the Orly reference, but if you're flying BA mainline (i.e. via LHR) you could do a cheap CE upgrade ORY-LHR to get lounge access in Orly.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by browserden
you could do a cheap CE upgrade ORY-LHR to get lounge access in Orly.
As I understand it that would only work on the ORY - LHR leg (I can't tell if that's inbound or outbound - i.e., the trip that starts at JFK).

In addition, while a cheap upgrade may be available, "cheap" may be a relevant term as it would be a change of fare basis (albeit I believe from Y to J). POUGs are not normally offered on multi-leg trips.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk ski8fan

Welcome to Flyertalk ski8fan, and a big welcome from all of us in the BA forum. It's great to see you here, please continue to post since we are always pleased to see newcomers here. Welcome on board.

I can't add much to the other esteemed Flyertalkers' comments, other than to say that I can see why you asked, it's very much the norm in North America to get day passes, and it's very much the norm to not have that facility elsewhere in the world. Some airports do have paid-for independent lounges, but your pair isn't so blessed. To be honest, I don't think you're missing too much at ORY at least. For JFK, we do have a Lounge meet-up thread you can try, you will find that via the Dashboard.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
If you're on Openskies, which is the Terminal Ouest, then there isn't even a Priority Pass option (which you would have, I think, in Terminal Sud (where it is the Icare lounge)
Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
The lounge at Orly that BA uses is not airside and is really horrible. Even if you could buy a pass it would not be worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.