Community
Wiki Posts
Search

no TPs earned on POUG on RFSs, right?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
no TPs earned on POUG on RFSs, right?

I am 90ish% sure that one doesn't earn TPs nor Avios on POUGs on RFSs but wanted to tripple check (having just been offered a POUG which I probably would accept it I then earned Avios and TPs).

out of interest, does the POUG then book into a reward CE fare bucket as if it had been a CE outright redemption?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
You are not supposed to earn TPs but people have reported earning them from time to time (not sure how recently though).
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:46 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D257 Safari/9537.53)

Correct.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
I am 90ish% sure that one doesn't earn TPs nor Avios on POUGs on RFSs but wanted to tripple check (having just been offered a POUG which I probably would accept it I then earned Avios and TPs).

out of interest, does the POUG then book into a reward CE fare bucket as if it had been a CE outright redemption?
How many TPs do you want? Haven't you got enough already?

Serioulsy though, I am sure in the guide on here it confirms what others have said, no TPs if you POUG an RFS.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by chris1979

I'm afraid that if the base fare is non-TP/Avios earning then the ticket, no matter what is done with it, will continue to be that way. In the off chance you might get extraordinarily lucky and the TPs/Avios will post but that is not policy. In essence a RFS combined with a POUG will give you the opportunity to enjoy the CE service but receive no FF benefits with the ticket (as one would expect).
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Do POUGs actually happen on RFS redemptions?

The rule is the number of Avios/TP earned stops at the class booked with cash before Avios gets involved.

So in your case nothing as the base fare was Avios.

Someone paying cash for WTP then UUA to CW and then a cash airport upgrade to F should only get WTP points.

Someone paying cash for WTP then accepting a POUG to CW and then cash upgrade to F at the airport would get F points but may have to phone in.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
How many TPs do you want? Haven't you got enough already?
I don't normally talk about things like 'balances' but I am about 80k short of my target......
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by layz
I've just been offered one and have noticed one before (which I didn't take up and ended up being OpUped anyway). I didn't think they were offered but think this has changed at some point.

I see no benefit of CE on an hour long flight at all (I am off for a weekend away) apart from Avios and TPs.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by layz
I've had a few now on shorthaul. It started only fairly recently, Spring in my case, single trips point to point from LGW seem best for it, but I have had them on simple LHR returns as well (MRS, LYS but not NCE). You only get TPs if a mistake or irrop happens and they re-issue the ticket badly, which obviously is a bit of a nuisance in terms of asking BA to take the TPs away.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
......... which obviously is a bit of a nuisance in terms of asking BA to take the TPs away.

It is interesting that people report mistakes on here that get them extra Avios or TPs. I think I'd keep such good luck well under wraps.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've had a few now on shorthaul. It started only fairly recently, Spring in my case, single trips point to point from LGW seem best for it, but I have had them on simple LHR returns as well (MRS, LYS but not NCE). You only get TPs if a mistake or irrop happens and they re-issue the ticket badly, which obviously is a bit of a nuisance in terms of asking BA to take the TPs away.
I have yet to see them. Then again I mostly select the CE option if it's offered to me and so when I'm travelling in ET it means there's not been much availability so less likely POUGs to be offered.

I have had a good record of getting POUGs on cash fares. Never on connections though.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:31 am

The last time I got TPs for an RFS was back in May when I booked CE on the outward and ET on the return leg (LHR-FCO). I only got 10 so I assume they were derived from the second flight somehow.

Anyway I'm not complaining - I wonder if this ever happens for long haul avios bookings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.