Wiki Posts
Search

Fare bucket weirdness? (Y7 but B9)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Fare bucket weirdness? (Y7 but B9)

I'm bored and looking at loads using flightstats for BA180 JFK-LHR for a flight I've got in about 2 weeks. It shows Y7 B9 H3 and the rest of the economy buckets are zeroed out.

Why would BA be willing to sell 9 seats in the B bucket but only 7 in the Y bucket?

This is purely academic since I'm in W - I guess I'm really looking at loads to see chances of op-up (I know, I know, buy the ticket for the cabin you want to travel in).
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by nickerss
Why would BA be willing to sell 9 seats in the B bucket but only 7 in the Y bucket?
ISTR that in the past, there have been explanations about how this can be due to lag in the inventory shown in the GDS. If you were to try to confirm 9 B class seats at once, you might be told that BA won't confirm that reservation.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Hmm. I will keep my eye on it over the next few days to see if any lag disappears. Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Without sounding like I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'll bet you a pint of fizzy water that this will go away of you choose different POS. As Globaliser says, I think it is a case of the POS you are seeing not being updated in real time with the UKPOS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.