Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Compensation for downgrade on codeshare flight.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:32 am
Original Poster

I would appreciate advice as to whether I am entitled to compensation and if so from which airline for a downgrade.
I booked premium economy from Brisbane to London outbound via Singapore and inbound via Hong Kong.
The fare is a British Airways fare. The Brisbane to Singapore sector is a BA codeshare flown by Qantas.
When I booked the tickets, this sector was being flown by a 747 but since that time Qantas changed the plane to a 2 class ?A330.
My original eticket clearly indicated premium economy, but without any announcement a few days prior to flight I noticed the downgrade.
At the airport, Qantas said take it up with BA, BA customer relations do not reply to emails etc etc: I am sure you can imagine the run around.
I am back in Australia so any suggestions of upgrades etc have been ignored.
So: am I entitled to compensation as it was a codeshare and if so from whom?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk! As this query relates to a BA ticket, the thread has been moved here to the dedicated British Airways forum. If it turns out to fit better elsewhere, I'm sure the helpful mods here will get it to its proper home.

This thread originated at the flame-free Information Desk — please reply accordingly.

Good luck!

~Moderator, Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.