Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Engineering Open Day - 13/14 September 2014?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Engineering Open Day - 13/14 September 2014?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
I guess having read all the positive comments about it on here, they thought they'd better enhance it away as quickly as possible.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: BA, bmi, USAir, Aeroplan, AirBerlin, Marriott, SolMeliaMas, BAAWorldpoints
I am reliably informed that this will take place.

I thoroughly enjoyed the last one (when was it, three years ago?), but, sadly, like the OP, will be away that weekend .
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'm still waiting for an answer from my BA man on this...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
As an aeronautics student at university loyally flying BA as a Silver, I feel I should get an invite to this! Hint, hint, cough, cough BA.... If you are reading this I WANT TO GO.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: BA, bmi, USAir, Aeroplan, AirBerlin, Marriott, SolMeliaMas, BAAWorldpoints
Originally Posted by BA0197
As an aeronautics student at university loyally flying BA as a Silver, I feel I should get an invite to this! Hint, hint, cough, cough BA.... If you are reading this I WANT TO GO.
If it's the same as last time (assuming it's not restricted to staff and families), then, as an EC member, you'll be eligible to apply for a ticket.

The fact that it looks like being over two days would appear to indicate that it'll be the same as formerly, i.e., one day for staff and families, the other for EC members.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Seat64A
If it's the same as last time (assuming it's not restricted to staff and families), then, as an EC member, you'll be eligible to apply for a ticket.

The fact that it looks like being over two days would appear to indicate that it'll be the same as formerly, i.e., one day for staff and families, the other for EC members.
That's great news! I really hope the event is on then! The trip-report style of the event last year was very good and looked like a great event to be at!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:14 am
Suspended

If you don't get an invite and I do, I'll guest you. Tell me all about the AA gate codes please
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
If you don't get an invite and I do, I'll guest you. Tell me all about the AA gate codes please
It's a deal! I feel this could be very AAdvantageous to the both of us
Old Aug 4, 2014, 6:55 am

It seems BA have postponed the Open Day as stated in their Q2 results:

"In order to focus on the absolute priorities of cost control and operational performance, the airline has postponed the British Airways Open Day, which was due to take place in September."

Hopefully it will make a feature later in the year, as I was most looking forward to attend one! But a shame nonetheless.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
:-: I was right
Old Aug 30, 2014, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Sorry to dig up the dated thread, but I hear today from a well-placed source that this was planned earlier this year (to go ahead), then cancelled due to budget constraints. It seems there are a few more budget cutting exercises ahead.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, something to that effect was in the investors day presentation
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Sorry to dig up the dated thread, but I hear today from a well-placed source that this was planned earlier this year (to go ahead), then cancelled due to budget constraints. It seems there are a few more budget cutting exercises ahead.
I do hope BA keep and do not touch their current in house maintenance procedures. At the end of the day, it is for this reason that BA is the world's safest airline. I hope all BA Engineers are safe from any bean counter economic theory.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:35 pm
Suspended

I do hope BA keep and do not touch their current in house maintenance procedures. At the end of the day, it is for this reason that BA is the world's safest airline. I hope all BA Engineers are safe from any bean counter economic theory.
I understand that maintenance is actually to be given a bit more money, but that money is to be saved according to an accountant's, and not an engineer's, or a manager's plan. Perhaps this is reserved for another thread, but from what I heard today, the pulled pork, and Castelnau whinging will be the least of our concerns.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I agree ba is a safe airline but where are you getting your evidence to claim they are the world's safest airline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.