Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA customer service assistance for Silver Card holder

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:49 am
Original Poster

I have been trying to resolve what should be a very simple request for several months....it was an error that we believe was made by BA but there is no interest. Having exhausted customer services and heard differing responses each time I phone to ask why the latest promised resolution was not auctioned, I asked the rep on the service desk today if there was an support available to a silver card holder. He told I should have been dealing on the silver card line and gave me the number 02087074487. When I dialled this number (now paying for the call) I got exactly the same service desk who did not know about a silver Cary support line and said they handle all queries.....does such a thing exist and if not where do you go to get some support from BA and some customer service I have failed to achieve this over several months thanks for any suggestions or numbers
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:17 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
silver card line [Number redacted]

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Jul 11, 2014 at 7:18 am Reason: The telephone number has been redacted as it is not for publication (if needed please PM the number to the OP)
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Hi Takeyourmarks, welcome to FT. The silver card number should also be on the back of your BAEC silver card, and can be seen if you go to the contacts section when signed in to your BAEC account.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA5E
silver card line is ...
Do we publish the dedicated toll free numbers on FT? I thought the convention was that we didn't. There are enough reports of long delays on the phones. As Karfa has said, the number is printed on the silver card and available to qualifying members on the EC web pages.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by gcuk
Do we publish the dedicated toll free numbers on FT? I thought the convention was that we didn't. There are enough reports of long delays on the phones. As Karfa has said, the number is printed on the silver card and available to qualifying members on the EC web pages.
I guess that applies only to UK residents as all of my silver cards have not had any phone numbers on their back.

And, I'm not able to find such number on EC web pages either, blindless perhaps?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
I guess that applies only to UK residents as all of my silver cards have not had any phone numbers on their back.

And, I'm not able to find such number on EC web pages either, blindless perhaps?
I think I remember someone else suggesting EU BAEC don't have a number printed on the back.

Once signed in to BAEC if you hover above the Executive Club tab at the top of the page a drop down menu appears. Click on contact us on the left column at the bottom and it will bring up the contact details page with teh appropriate numbers for your status.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by Takeyourmarks
I have been trying to resolve what should be a very simple request for several months....
If you've only been trying for several months then you're lucky.

I tried to get a definitive answer to what seemed to me to be a very simple question. Here's the exchange of messages:

Originally Posted by BA
xx/xx/2014 Can you confirm that, as a Silver tier member, if I want to invite a guest to the lounge that the guest does not have to be travelling on the same flight as me? This is how I understand that the Silver tier benefit should work but it seems not all your lounge receptionists at T5 are aware of this.

xx/xx/2014 Thank you for contacting your British Airways Executive Club Service Centre. Please be assured that your email is important to us and will be responded to as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience. Regards, British Airways

xx/xx/2014 Dear Mr Heartybob, I am sorry that our level of service fell short of the standards you expected from British Airways and I understand how frustrating it must have been for you. Please be assured that I have sent your email to our Customer Relations department, who will reply to you as soon they can. They appreciate your patience as they will spend time looking into your comments before responding. For any further queries about this matter, please contact the Customer Relations team directly as all information will now be held in their separate system - their details can be found on ba.com at this link: http://www.britishairways.com/contact I hope they resolve this swiftly for you. Regards, xxx, British Airways Executive Club

xx/xx/2014 Dear Mr Heartybob, Thank you for your email dated xxx about your enquiry. I would like to apologise for the delay in our response. I would like to inform you that we allow only one guest along with our cardholders first and foremost. We know that our airport lounges are a key aspect of Executive Club membership, and that you greatly value this. We’re glad to make them available to all our Gold and Silver Executive Club members, as well as to people travelling in First, Club World, Club Europe and on fully flexible tickets on selected internal UK routes. For any further information, please get in touch with our Customer Support team as they are in a better position to deal with your request. Please contact them on the number specified on your membership card. This will ensure you will be given a speedy response to your concern. Thank you again for taking the time to get in touch with us and for giving me the opportunity to respond. We genuinely appreciate your custom and I hope that this will not deter you from choosing British Airways for your travel in future. Best regards, xxx, British Airways Customer Relations
Your case reference is:00000000
I gave up after that. Life's too short.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by heartybob
If you've only been trying for several months then you're lucky.

I tried to get a definitive answer to what seemed to me to be a very simple question. Here's the exchange of messages:

xx/xx/2014 Can you confirm that, as a Silver tier member, if I want to invite a guest to the lounge that the guest does not have to be travelling on the same flight as me? This is how I understand that the Silver tier benefit should work but it seems not all your lounge receptionists at T5 are aware of this.
You should have asked on here, you would have got the correct answer very quickly

The answer is that the guest can be on any oneworld flight as stated here
oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status

Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire frequent flyer tier status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown (exceptions are noted below).

• Sapphire tier frequent flyers are welcome in Business Class* or frequent flyer lounges. (*does not include Qantas Domestic Business Lounges)
  • Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass and frequent flyer membership card, with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status, to access a lounge.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think I remember someone else suggesting EU BAEC don't have a number printed on the back.
I can confirm that - No phone (or other) numbers on the back of my BAEC card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.