Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Roo
Flew to Brussels and back last Friday. First time since regaining Gold (lost due to the pandemic - my borders closed earlier than most countries). Didn't receive any greeting or recognition - not that I cared. I was more annoyed that the crew overlooked leaving me a water and crisps when I was in the toilet. I eventually got a water but it felt too much of a hassle to also ask for the tiny packet of crisps. It was also not lost on me that my first flight I was seated next to 2 others in my row which was the first time I had anyone seated next to me in over 5 years of OW airline flying. And yes, I know its not an entitlement but the flight was hardly full with the entire 3 seats behind my row being free. Despite the request of those seated next to me to move to that row the crew decided to allocate it to a mother and young toddler instead. My neighbours funnily received a small bottle of champagne as 'compo'. Me, nothing except the occasional punch and kick from the back of my seat. Thankfully it was only a short trip.
Precariusly close to a DYKWIA scenario
Old Dec 14, 2022, 12:12 am

LHR-GOT positioning flight yesterday afternoon OH and I got a lovely “welcome back” with our names.

This morning back on the GOT-LHR starting the ex-EU and it’s the same crew! “Nice to see you again!” Have had a very nice chat with the senior cabin person so far.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by trolleymusic
LHR-GOT positioning flight yesterday afternoon OH and I got a lovely “welcome back” with our names.

This morning back on the GOT-LHR starting the ex-EU and it’s the same crew! “Nice to see you again!” Have had a very nice chat with the senior cabin person so far.
I had this same situation a couple of weeks ago - but on KLM. Just wanted to compare experiences - as I have not had the same situation with BA. Were you travelling into GOT in Eco and from GOT in CE? If yes, I wonder what experience it would be when you do the reverse (back to GOT in CE and same plane back to LHR in Eco) - besides the greeting, will you be offered something special from CE (e.g Champagne, etc).
I feel that if this happened on BA - for the same crew - they would have dropped by to offer some additional drinks.

My experience with KLM - a number of times, and taking being FB Platinum the same as EC Gold - outside of some small joke/talk, totally zero additional offering of something from CE. Not that I expect it - just to be clear.

Cheers!
trolleymusic likes this.

Last edited by nldogbert; Dec 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
Precariusly close to a DYKWIA scenario
As I was sitting in my economy seat for a transatlantic last night i reflected that the whole airline status is about making people DYKWIA. They give us shiny cards for our bags, dangle exclusive lounge access and even a special phone number. In 26D last night I was nobody and I was very chill with that.
firstlight and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by cjb666
As I was sitting in my economy seat for a transatlantic last night i reflected that the whole airline status is about making people DYKWIA. They give us shiny cards for our bags, dangle exclusive lounge access and even a special phone number. In 26D last night I was nobody and I was very chill with that.
It affects some people more than others
aks120, firstlight and PGberkshire like this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by cjb666
But I guess you were seated a long time before anyone else so had extra time to chill
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by firstlight
But I guess you were seated a long time before anyone else so had extra time to chill
Went full economy and checked a bag to avoid storage stress. I did end up boarding early because the flight was late and it was something to do. I figured it would give the crew extra time for my status greeting. As an aside, boarding was carry-on chaos. We pushed back with the people in the aisles, bags in the aisles and lockers open.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:17 am
Suspended

Don't know if this qualifies. On BA 48, long haul SEA-LHR in FC on Monday 12/12/22, I was greeted by the IFM, nothing out of the ordinary, but then one of the 2 FAs serving the cabin came up to me and said he'd be coming round for my food order in a few minutes. This was long before the plane was boarded and pushback. I think he was getting my food order before everyone else's due to my being a GC holder, but can't be sure. My impression from talking to a few fellow passengers was that no one else in the FC cabin was a regular or a GC holder.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Were you travelling into GOT in Eco and from GOT in CE?
I was originally booked in ET, but the LHR-GOT flight I was upgraded to CE on the day.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
It make make for good milk chocolate after passing through a ruminous cow or two, but Swiss grass is certainly less green than I had been led to believe. I flew home from Geneva on Swiss, and being the fortunate beneficiary of a TAP gold status match, was expecting exceptional service.

The lounge, first of all, was rubbish. Like a railway waiting room with the addition of thin, salty, soup. The best part was a large bowl of little chocolate bars, many of which leapt into my bag by some freakish cocktail of probability and quantum mechanics. Which, frankly, was a better mix than could have been made from the contents any of the bottles standing on the shelves.

On board, I might have had a seatblock, back in 25F which is where I had been placed. It was academic really, as a large, matronly Swiss lady with a loud beeping and tinkling phone app, swiftly occupied 25E at the behest of 25D, her friend, who then promptly went to sleep, leaving her invitee tinkling away irritatingly as I attempted to doze. But I was confident that the legendary Star Alliance superiority over One World would shortly bring me a fulsome welcome and a gin and tonic.

Nothing. Nada. Zilch. A bottle of water, and the last of the chocolates in the free chocolate box (the people in front having mostly taken two). Greeted by a loud fanfare on the tinkling app.

BA does this better. I know this isn't a fashionable opinion, and I have a low sample size, but I'm quite convinced of it now.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:45 am

I had an excellent FA ex LGW recently, was travelling in WT+ with partner who was also Gold then (so dual Gold). Due to late booking was down at the back of WTP.

We were asked for food orders before the rest of the cabin and given extra special treatment when it came to drinks etc. The CSM also came past a couple of times to offer something from the front.

On the way back, complete opposite (I am still Gold, Partner had dropped to Silver then). CSM greeted the couple in front of us and got one of the FAs to bring them a drink. Nobody else in cabin was greeted and I think they were staff/or some kind of other special passenger. The FA for our side of WTP was a bit offstandish too.

Completely different experiences!
Old Dec 18, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Rather annoyingly, on a recent flight CPH-LHR, my partner was greeted by name but I was simply "madam". We were both GCH on the same booking and this came from both members of crew looking after CE.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
Rather annoyingly, on a recent flight CPH-LHR, my partner was greeted by name but I was simply "madam". We were both GCH on the same booking and this came from both members of crew looking after CE.
Do they have a different surname to you, that maybe appears tricky to pronounce?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by EJetter
Do they have a different surname to you, that maybe appears tricky to pronounce?
No, we both have pretty easy surnames albeit different. At every interaction it was "Mr X would you like something to eat / something to drink / another drink" and for me it was "And how about you madam".
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 2:29 pm

Excited to report that I got a lovely personal “welcome back Ms Mercinator007, it’s lovely to see you again” greeting from the IFM on the LHR to EDI (BA1434) 10.55am flight today (22/12/22). It was like hearing a unicorn whisper!
stephenjc and LCSinTexas like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.