Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by andrewr1985
Another nice greeting today on BA247 in CW, didn’t catch title but silver tie so assuming CSD (or similar).

Actually felt like they were being genuine in asking if they could do anything to help and make the journey better.
I once had a fellow Glaswegian female Purser on the 247 in F. A lovely genuine woman who spent ages chatting with me.
andrewr1985 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:43 am

Programs: Hilton/Diamond, BA/Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY;[url=tel:34504366
34504366[/url]]I once had a fellow Glaswegian female Purser on the 247 in F. A lovely genuine woman who spent ages chatting with me.
This was “only” in J, but given its on an A350 with CS, I’m not complaining!
HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Nothing this year so far from BA (I keep a note of them - that's sad!) - not that I expect it, but it's nice when it happens.
AA seem to be more proactive - at least on their internal flights in business, but seem totally confused if you're travelling in economy (does not compute mode).
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: British Airways
Also feel a little embarrassed on short haul when they do it but still like the acknowledgement
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:45 am

Dr I_concur and Mrs Dr G (not married!) travel as dr and are often asked by cabin crew what type we are. Both anaesthetists. Never been asked to help.

had personal gold greeting a couple of times.

flew to JFK in jan for special occasion. Cabin crew gave us a bottle of LPGS to celebrate.

we kept it for a few months and enjoyed it recently. Beats a personal greeting imo
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Not a gold, and I've never what you'd call a 'greeting' - as in a specific introduction just for that purpose.

But I have had a couple of uses of my name when asking me a question in CE; like whether I'd like a drink or something to eat. I rather like that approach - it's less fuss-making then coming over for an intro, but also shows they've taken the time to check the FF status of the cabin.

First time it happened, mind, I didn't know it was a thing - so I did a rather awkward little jump when my name was mentioned!
Arsey00 and becks1 like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Agreeably surprised on Tuesday, at the aircraft door when showing our BPs, to get “Hello <first name>” and to the OH “Hello <different first name>” … especially as this was on Jet2 (LS), LBA to JER. 😎 ✔️
ajamieson, BA or bust and Arsey00 like this.

Last edited by T8191; Aug 11, 2022 at 12:02 pm
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by AviationMoose
Not a gold, and I've never what you'd call a 'greeting' - as in a specific introduction just for that purpose.

But I have had a couple of uses of my name when asking me a question in CE; like whether I'd like a drink or something to eat. I rather like that approach - it's less fuss-making then coming over for an intro, but also shows they've taken the time to check the FF status of the cabin.

First time it happened, mind, I didn't know it was a thing - so I did a rather awkward little jump when my name was mentioned!
the best crews use everyones name when serving them in business class. Not just on ba either.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I once had a fellow Glaswegian female Purser on the 247 in F. A lovely genuine woman who spent ages chatting with me.
I caught your reply but didn't read up and automatically thought, "on the Boeing 247, that must have been some time ago!"
BA or bust, HIDDY and Thomathy like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
the best crews use everyones name when serving them in business class. Not just on ba either.
Fair point; in my (albeit limited) experience it was clearly just those with BAEC status, as it was me and two other people in the cabin.

My broader point was just I prefer it as a way to do it; I've seen the full-on approach to someone else in the quite intimate space that is a CE cabin and felt it was a bit... not awkward, but more of a 'you matter less' to everyone else.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Tonight on BHD to LHR everyone in CE (7 or 8 rows) was addressed by name including children as Master and Miss. Absolutely charming and delightful. I suspect that the person in front of us was high status because she was paid a bit more attention, but not overly fawning or over the top. Just shows you that a decent crew can actually make travelling with BA a pleasure sometimes.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Had my third ever Gold greeting on the LHR - OTP flight last night. She seemed a little bit shy in doing it but we chatted a bit and again as I waited to disembark.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Wednesday's GLA-LHR on the BA1499 - had a personal greeting (i'm assuming because i'm a gold) from the inflight manager whilst seated in 2D. I saw that he did the same for the gent in 1C before me, but we were the only two in the CE cabin specifically given that greeting at the start of the flight. Rest of service, all pax were called by their names (mr/mrs) - was a nice touch, and always appreciated.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:14 am
formerly JackDann

Got a greeting this morning BHD-LHR for the first time and offered a cup of tea and some
shortbread which was much appreciated in the early hours - Also got an apology there was no food (Which of course I was not expecting anyway).

I noticed there were 5 Crew on the flight this morning as opposed to the usual recently which is 3 - also CE was pretty empty so allowed for a better all round service. Really nice to see!

Only downside is we’re at a bus gate and unfortunately no sign of any buses - hopefully not too much longer.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
On the last couple of short haul flights in Y class, I have not only been personally greeted, but offered a drink. Today I accepted a cup of coffee and some Walkers Shortbread biscuits (far superior to the Bourbon and Custard Creams in the First lounge, btw). It wasn't just the cabin manager who greeted me, but two other cabin crew were particularly solicitous. If this happens regularly then it will become an expectation, but in the meantime, well done to Manager Hayley and her team on today's BA 412

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.