Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Maybe. And if so, any focus on customer service is a good thing.

I guess only time will tell whether it really is a long-term, permanent mission ; OR ....simply a New Year ‘resolution’.

We all know what usually happens with the latter ........

Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar
Are BA on a New Years customer service mission?
... if so they haven't told all the staff...
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:16 pm

Two lovely BA staffers on my last two short haul flights. I don't know what has changed, but they have been very friendly to me in recent times. Must find out what the iPad says about me!
Great_circle likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Got a “welcome back on board today Mr aceman” in 1D to Jer this morning.

I think that’s by far the most perfect welcome as opposed to the forelock tugging fawning that some seem to passive aggressively resent not getting.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:59 pm

Well after some months of not having a greeting, I was given a very full and charming one on LHR-MAN on Saturday. I'm not hugely bothered either way - unless it's toe-curlingly scripted and delivered by rote - but I was surprised to see that no-one else in sight was treated to the same. As I was in my usual window seat, the CSM was speaking over quite a few people and her welcome caused a little frisson of excitement around me!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
On a Finnair flight to BKK yesterday I was the only person (probably the only OW Emerald) in a full J-cabin that received a very warm welcome by 2 cabin crew and they did look very well after me. Today, travelling to Hong Kong in Y on Cathay Pacific the same thing happened to me, greetings by name and personal introductions from both cabin crew without seeing the same level of attention with other passengers.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Great_circle
Today, travelling to Hong Kong in Y on Cathay Pacific the same thing happened to me, greetings by name and personal introductions from both cabin crew without seeing the same level of attention with other passengers.
CX gave me this same treatment in Y a few weeks ago, and do so every flight I have with them.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:40 am

CX do greetings for Y pax extremely well in my experience. A nice quick welcome and a bottle of water handed over, which turns it from a rather hollow exercise to a practical benefit.
Stez, Great_circle and HKGEDI like this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:42 am

So far this year...
WT+ TATL No
ET Yes
CE No
CE No
CE Yes
CW TATL Yes
WT TATL No (CSD seemed somewhat occupied supplying welcomes to a passenger opposite)
WT+ TATL No (CW was empty - so not a 'not enough time' issue...)
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Myself and the person in front of me just got one from a cabin crew member in the WT+ cabin.
Nothing on the last 3 flights, 2 ET and a CE (6 out of 12 seats occupied).
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:43 am

QR and CX do it most of the time as far as I can remember, I think QR just does it do everyone in J though.

BA wise is almost always done on my usual LHR-HKG route, most memorable one:

CSM: 'Good evening Mr woodwoodwood. Thank you for travelling with us again, your custom is greatly appreciated. Is there anything I can do to make your journey more comfortable?'
Me: 'Yes, there is actually a squashed cherry tomato on my seat."
CSM: 'That's not very good now' and handed me a napkin so I can clean it up myself....
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
As a recently anointed Goldie (yup, another one cluttering up the Flounge) I'm 2 for 2 on LH, but nothing on the connecting SH flights from the regions.

The CSM on the return was very slick, with a confident "welcome Mr BertieB" and a quick but informative chat, whereas the CC member taking the meal order was more of a "Mr... erm, er...(checks sheet, checks me, checks sheet again)....BertieB??!"
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, CR
​​​​​​​I got a hug yesterday on MAD -LHR (it is a route I do a lot, and regularly see the same crew).
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by pablol
I got a hug yesterday on MAD -LHR (it is a route I do a lot, and regularly see the same crew).
​​​​​​​Bloody hell. Can we make this a sticky?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Well I got a nice one on the way back from PVG. As I was chatting to the crew along came the CSD.

Hi Mr Cyclops, how are you. Ha Ha laugh etc. BTW, thanks for flying with us a lot. Smile and off but totally genuine and better than the "plastic welcome".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.