Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: US @ DEN
Please list any issues/queries here. Updated to post # 87 plus 129.

iOS

Problem :
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers MMB section but no upgrade ability (says to use normal website)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
-BEY is in the "Europe" category rather than Middle East
-FDH: an extra "f"
-passbook error fails to download boarding pass - details here.
-On the flight status pages, there is no way to refresh the flight status to view latest information - surely you should be able to swipe down to refresh?
-Wifi password page lists closed BA lounges - Nairobi, Istanbul, Mumbai.
- app doesn't seem to update booking details when a return flight is changed via TA after outbound flown, second time I've experienced it recently (resolved when I check-in for booking via ba.com, albeit with a big of a lag - 5 mins+)
- Unable to download terminal maps because hard-coded server name no longer exists
- Ability to download mobile BPs is tied to phone clock showing 24 hours before departure whereas on connections and same-day returns the BP can be available before this.
-Business UK status not showning fast track status.
- The app fails to redirect to AA correctly to change seats on a BA booking
- receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each flight (testing ios10).
- App shuts down audio playing on other apps when certain BA app pages are loaded, including award search.
- The iPad app does not show the current year's tier points once you retain GGL. A panel on the My Account page, that I assume shows progress to the next tier, simply says you have retained GGL.
- as guest, Wallet boarding pass does not show oneworld status

Query :
-will gate numbers and baggage carousel numbers for non UK airports be displayed?
-Does the timer that determines how soon after departure time the "your next flight" section is updated work? And does this adjust with delays to the flight?
-where did the airport maps go?
-no pictures on the new destinations

Feature Request :
-Facility to add membership card to Wallet
-Booking of awards within the app
-GUI menu button move to left hand side
-synch across devices so if checked in on PC then ability to directly get BP
-gate number displayed on BP
-display booking class in MMB section under further details. (currently this only works using the upgrade button and then clicking on the flight segment in question)
-consistent UI (some sections are new and some revert to mobile site GUI)
-swipe to go back one step as per Apple standards
-change style to tabs instead of home screen and hamburger system
-weather shown should be for date of arrival (if less than 2 weeks away)
-HHA missing info (household account)
-resize add a booking on my bookings screen (too much real estate)
-contact us shows general contact info and not status specific info. (Gold line example)
-opton to turn off the return fares from London bit on bottom of home screen
-A hopeless request, but can it not be made to work with iOS6?
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status on boarding passes please - if ba.com does, so should the app
- Add functionality to allow tracking of your bag (i.e. showing the last point of scan within the baggage tracing system) similar to that on the US Airways app.
- Add a CCR card display please.

Android

Problem :
-Flight Status, by Route & by Airport.
-The airport master data is loaded as :London, United Kingdom, LCY, City Airport
London, United Kingdom, LGW, Gatwick
London, United Kingdom, LHR, Heathrow
Which ever one you choose, it displays as "London, United..", so you can't tellwhich airport you've selected.
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers sorry all available seats have been sold (incorrectly)
-changing seat button doesn’t work (may just be current BA.com issue related)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
- Issues with reloading bookings after flight has been changed

Query :
-Android Widget no longer seems to exist. Is this intentional?
-version needed to upgrade app? (4.0.2 or earlier compatibility)?
-old boarding passes, are they still available? - yes, just go into previous bookings(EDIflyer)

Feature Request :
-Executive Club contact details (with the appropriate number for logged-in user's current tier)
-Booking of awards within the app
-add to calendar feature should allocate time according to flight duration not a fixed 1 hour
-smoother scrolling
-better contrast when Silver status and text at top of app window (white text)
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status properly please - if ba.com does, so should the app

Print Wikipost

The British Airways iPhone & Android App

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by womble88
I still get booted out of app as soon as I log in, I have uninstalled and reinstalled app but makes no difference. Am I the only one still getting this issue?
Since the update of 5 February, I’ve found the iPhone App is working as it should.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Since the update of 5 February, I’ve found the iPhone App is working as it should.
Indeed. Same here.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:17 am

Today trying to pay on the Android App using AMEX. The last digit of my 4 pin cvv is 0 (relax, no one knows the other 3). The 0 appears below the "confirm payment" button so I couldn't enter it and had to book on another device. How silly.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
My app just producing blank screens today after intitial screen
Can’t manage booking or look for reward flights
Iphone/IOS
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver
I can't see any of my booking neither on the app or ba.com. Anyone else having the same issue?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by Etxebas
I can't see any of my booking neither on the app or ba.com. Anyone else having the same issue?
Niether can I in BA.com, however the app is working okay on my iPhone.

BM
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold

I’ve never managed to get logged in via fingerprint or now face recognition on the iOS app when choosing to book a reward flight. Always asks me to manually enter Exec no and password. Is this the case for all iOS users? Or have I got a setting wrong somewhere? TIA
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Bit of a weird one.

Lyon does not show at all when searching on Reward Flight Finder. Definitely flights available as I can find them manually.

Last edited by bigwalrus; Mar 30, 2019 at 4:14 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DocS
I’ve never managed to get logged in via fingerprint or now face recognition on the iOS app when choosing to book a reward flight. Always asks me to manually enter Exec no and password. Is this the case for all iOS users? Or have I got a setting wrong somewhere? TIA
Same for me on Android - always have to log in again with username and password.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Has the latest Android app update (30th Apr) broken the app for anyone else? It doesn't seem possible to connect to my BA account anymore - I can only add bookings using PNR and surname.

I've tried clearing app data, cache, uninstalling and reinstalling etc. There's not even a "My Account" menu option on the right-hand side now...

EDIT: I've managed to fix this by logging into my account on BA.com rather than the app. The website forced me to do some 2-factor authentication for some reason, and now I can log in on the app again. And the "My Account" section disappears from the app if you add a booking manually - you need to exit the booking, and then you can attempt to log in again.

Last edited by Deltus; May 2, 2019 at 3:37 am
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I was looking to change a flight and went to the BA website to search for fares. I never booked a change, yet on the app I see the flight I was looking at as well as the flight I plan to be on, both with the same PNR. I assume this is just a bug
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC
Quicker check in with selected seat

Has anyone tried this today or know what the difference is for check in?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Has anyone tried this today or know what the difference is for check in?
I tried this last night and it consistently failed to let me check in. However, when I did a “regular” checkin (not via the app) I had no problems checking in
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by mikebg

I tried this last night and it consistently failed to let me check in. However, when I did a “regular” checkin (not via the app) I had no problems checking in
I did manage to check in using the new App procedure on Thursday for LAS-LHR and LHR-MAN.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:47 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Just in the process of checking in for my flight tomorrow night and at the very last stage the iPhone app crashed. Now won’t show any of my bookings. Had to open my account on the desktop sight to check if I’d managed to complete check in. Thankfully I had.

On iPhone XR, app version 5.57.2
Database version 5.26

Anyone else had any issues today/night?

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.