Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track boarding finally at MAN

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2014, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK *Gold / BA Gold / EZY Plus!

Passed through MAN this morning and noticed at gates 141,142,143 they now have barriers and a labelling for priority boarding. Amazingly it was even enforced!

I took a few pics but will have to wait until later to post.
Old May 17, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by jamojdm
Passed through MAN this morning and noticed at gates 141,142,143 they now have barriers and a labelling for priority boarding. Amazingly it was even enforced!

I took a few pics but will have to wait until later to post.
Fandabbydooby!
Old May 17, 2014, 6:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I had the pleasure of meeting up with Tobias-UK in T5 earlier in the week. He was just off a Manchester flight and indeed he reported that these gates were now barricaded off to enforce Fast Track. We weren't sure how the middle gate would work if the others were in use, but anyway, progress at last. I feel that enforcement would be done with some relish in Manchester....
Old May 17, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Silver

At first I wondered if this was another of the spasmodic efforts they sometimes spring on you at MAN but it sounds like it might be a more definite arrangement. (?)
Old May 17, 2014, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK *Gold / BA Gold / EZY Plus!
Definitely looks permanent! I took a couple of pics on the iphone I'll try to post later, but currently sat in LHR T3 in a random bar waiting to go to LIS (how depressing is T3 vs T5 at LHR?)
Old May 17, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
This was in force last Saturday at Manchester as well, and i was surprised for a rather empty flight it was still policed / enforced So much so i was the first on the plane, and the cabin crew where taking a well earned break, and where shocked to see me, in a good way
Old May 17, 2014, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Wow! Wasn't any fast track (or signs) last Friday. Good to see it implemented, finally.
Old May 17, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC
They were there on Thursday (though I managed to walk blindly past it at gate 142). Also, priority boarding for flights was announced in the lounge.
Old May 17, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Strange, it didn't appear to be there last Monday. Gate 143.
Old May 17, 2014, 9:30 am

Fast track/ Priority boarding is now in operation at gates 142 and 143 and has been since last Saturday. Priority boarding is in use at Gate 141 , but Fast track remains a bit of a problem due to the confined layout of the area and the close proximity of the Biometric Scanners to the gate area.
Old May 17, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by wythy
Fast track/ Priority boarding is now in operation at gates 142 and 143 and has been since last Saturday. Priority boarding is in use at Gate 141 , but Fast track remains a bit of a problem due to the confined layout of the area and the close proximity of the Biometric Scanners to the gate area.
Gate 141 is one of the most useless at MAN for both outbound and inbound. Outbound requires specific staffing to run the biometrics, whilst inbound you have the silly situation of passengers arriving into the terminal from security being held whilst passengers disembark. It's been like it for years (except a brief period when they didn't do biometrics). I can't believe the airport hasn't tried to improve the situation like removing 'Boots' from cluttering up the departure lounge and creation a staircase at gate 141 directly down to ground level and baggage reclaim.

PS.Great that Fast Track is operating!
Old May 17, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Great news since I was up in MAN last month... just filled with gate lice and the attitude of 'first come first servce'
Old May 17, 2014, 4:04 pm

just filled with gate lice
Glad you hold the staff in such high regard who were/are only doing as instructed from above.
Old May 17, 2014, 4:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wythy
Glad you hold the staff in such high regard who were/are only doing as instructed from above.
The term you highlight - which I agree is in poor taste, isn't very imaginative and should not really feature here at all - generally refers to passengers crowding the gate areas, not the staff. The previous arrangements, plus the corridor led infrastructure, did make it difficult for passengers and staff alike.
Old May 17, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Typical, I put up with MAN scrums for nearly 3 years and now I am no longer travelling there regularly they fix it. I detect a conspiracy.

Good news though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.