Wiki Posts
Search

HKG F Lounge in BA First

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
To access the F wing you are best using security near the ABC check in areas, not sure if that is South or North. You can access the lounge then straight from security rather than going down and up. This only works for the F side.
That's south.

But if you do use north security (near the BA check-in desks), you don't actually need to go down and up again to get to the F section of The Wing. It's on the same level as security.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Looks like its either the Wing or the Qantas lounge.

Once of the deciding factors is which one does free flowing champagne
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by visualAd
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Looks like its either the Wing or the Qantas lounge.

The Wing Flounge has 3 different types in a T5 Flounge style champagne bar area (with a server). The offering isn't great however it was Moët, The a Peninsula own label and something else (maybe Delamotte) yesterday.

I don't usually bother with the BA/QF lounge and haven't been there for a while, certainly not since the QF refurb. I might pop in when I next go through in a few days time.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:51 am

Is there an arrivals lounge for 1st in Hong Kong?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Just the one small arrivals lounge. Its quite good though.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by visualAd

Just to add my 2 cents, I tried out the new Qantas lounge a few weeks ago and it really was outstanding. The food offering in particular was excellent, both savoury and sweet - I highly recommend the cheesecake and brownies if they are still doing these. BA really should take a leaf out of their book for the T5 catering.

I think the self-serve fizz was Aussie rather than Champagne, but they may have had Champagne behind the bar (didn't check). The red I tried was excellent anyway.

Overall I'd definitely recommend a visit in addition to or even instead of the Wing.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by phol
Just the one small arrivals lounge. Its quite good though.
But it's only available to CX and KA pax.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Cathay Pacific operate The Arrival for their own F and J pax and oneworld Emeralds travelling CX.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Hi. I'm in BA F from HKG to LHR but am only BAEC bronze card holder. Can I still use the Wing lounge?

Thanks
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Neilpatel10
I'm in BA F from HKG to LHR but am only BAEC bronze card holder. Can I still use the Wing lounge?
Yes, including the first class part of the Wing.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Neilpatel10
Hi. I'm in BA F from HKG to LHR but am only BAEC bronze card holder. Can I still use the Wing lounge?

Thanks
Unless there's some weird exception, no, only if you have Silver or Gold status. Qantas/BA lounge is great though.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
Unless there's some weird exception, no, only if you have Silver or Gold status. Qantas/BA lounge is great though.
Eh? If travelling in oneworld first class, you can access any oneworld first class lounge in the same terminal (just like if you are travelling oneworld business class you can access any oneworld business class lounge in the same terminal).

If travelling BA First ex-HKG, you have access to CX The Wing, The Pier, The Cabin and/or The Bridge. There are F sections to The Wing and The Pier, although the latter is currently closed for refurbishment.

There is also no combined Qantas/BA lounge - QF operate The Qantas Hong Kong Lounge.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Thanks v much for the responses
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The Wing Flounge has 3 different types in a T5 Flounge style champagne bar area (with a server). The offering isn't great however it was Moët, The a Peninsula own label and something else (maybe Delamotte) yesterday.

I don't usually bother with the BA/QF lounge and haven't been there for a while, certainly not since the QF refurb. I might pop in when I next go through in a few days time.
Peninsula own label is Deutz.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I would agree with the recommendation to try the QF lounge it is a quality product and infinitely better than most BA outstation efforts. I have decided that I don't like the Wing. Everything I used to like about it seems to have been made slightly worse in the refit. I particularly dislike the dining room and seating areas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.