Search

Meal Requests

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL
Meal Requests

I could do with some help please!

I have a fish allergy and, where possible, would like to avoid being served fish when in flight. In most cases, there is an option but occassionally there has only been fish dishes available by the time the trolley gets to me.

There are a number of options for meal preferences on the BA exec club profile page but not one for "no fish".
Does anyone know of a way to express this preference?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SurreyTig
I could do with some help please!

I have a fish allergy and, where possible, would like to avoid being served fish when in flight. In most cases, there is an option but occassionally there has only been fish dishes available by the time the trolley gets to me.

There are a number of options for meal preferences on the BA exec club profile page but not one for "no fish".
Does anyone know of a way to express this preference?

Thanks in advance
You can't. You have to book one of the vegetarian options or take the risk.

- If flying F or CW you are sure to have some non-fish mains available and there will be one non-fish starter although this may be over-subscribed;

- if you fly WT+ or WT you are sure to have some non-fish alternatives on the menu and can guarantee a choice by seating at the front of a section;

- if flying CE, there will usually (not always) be a non-fish alternative and you can guarantee a choice by seating at the front of the cabin;

- if flying ET bands 1, 2, or 3 you will get either dry snacks or wraps, salads, or flatbreads (depending on LHR, LCY, or LGW) with fish most unlikely and always a vegetarian alternative (except for dry snacks which are vegetarian anyway).
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm not a fish lover myself and the other half is even more picky. There always seems to be at least one fish option on the menu so I choose seats taking into account the order of service. You as a gold however should get your first meal choice wherever you sit!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by Gomac
I'm not a fish lover myself and the other half is even more picky. There always seems to be at least one fish option on the menu so I choose seats taking into account the order of service. You as a gold however should get your first meal choice wherever you sit!
That's only true for long haul.

In CE, golds should get their first choice (and be able to avoid fish most of the time) by selecting front (gold reserved) row(s). Golds are not however given any priority over other CE passengers, unlike LH.

However, if crew decide to serve from back to front (contrary to the service standard), then you can end up with no choice and nothing that you can eat, as I myself have found on several occasions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.