Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can you give up your business class seat in favour of someone else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you give up your business class seat in favour of someone else?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AMEX Plat and all that comes with it.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Unless they have a super-tight connection to make, I have no sympathy for people like this and equally block their way.
Being first off is one of the main benefits of F and CW. If their employers want them to be there then they should pay for a F ticket.

(God forbid they should have to do their own parenting)
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:28 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
On flights where my partner has been in a different cabin I have given up my seat in CE and moved to Y. The cabin crew were stunned, yet I really didn't care (it's hardly a premium product on a short LHR-BCN flight). We had flown in from two different cities on long haul and I really just wanted to be with him. I think they gave us 6 piccolos for what they considered my inconvenience.

On other flights where I was in F and he was in J or Y+ I politely asked if he could join me. at some point during the flight, and stated that I understood if it wasn't allowed. On one occasion the crew upgraded him for the whole flight which was entirely unexpected, and I was very grateful for. On the other, they allowed him to join me, and despite stating they couldn't offer him any service, the purser then offered him a full meal service.

In these situations, and regardless of airline if you're polite, understand that you can't impact other pax or the meal service, then the crew will generally attempt to make your flight pleasant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.