Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Please help [missed flight, cancelled subseq sectors]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, TK Gold & AZ Freccia Alata Plus

My very anxious fiancé and I just checked and our upcoming flights have been cancelled!!
We just did EWR>LHR, LHR>DUB but our first flight being delayed meant we missed our connecting flight to DUB. All the flights with BA were full until very late in the evening, so they rebooked us on an Aer Lingus codeshare and we have arrived in Dublin all good until now...
I checked the MMB and the rest of our flights have been cancelled! All next week and the week after
DUB>LHR
LGW>MCO
MCO>DFW, DFW>HNL

They were all on the one ticket in Full Y and T.
I'm assuming that we've gone through as a no-show and cancelled the booking.

My main worry is that they will sell out the WT+ to MCO on Wednesday, in addition to the limited decent seats that we had reserved in the Y Cabin for MCO>HNL.

I cannot call until there call centre opens in 7 hours, but if any of you out there could help with what I should do should all my fears be realised and how I should approach the call with BA I'd very much appreciate. I have a very worried fiancé who won't be sleeping tonight. Just the other day they moved our seats from 12AB to 12A & 14F and that was enough anxiety for her.

Thanks in advance everyone
Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Give your fiancé a large glass of wine and call in 7 hours.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Sorry to hear about that, but it's standard practice, as you rightly indicate due to you being deemed a no show. Hopefully you will be re-instated swiftly and with any luck to your original seats. It's highly annoying when this happens, it can be remediated by asking the staff to check and reconfirm the booking after something like this, it's amazing how many agents are unaware that a rebook can have this effect. Something all travellers should bear in mind, I believe.

Perhaps you could call the US call centre? I think it's still open, but best to do it on Skype / VOIP due to call waiting times.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ntly-open.html

I doubt this will reassure your fiancé but there are plenty, plenty of aircraft going across the Atlantic over the time concerned, there are also plenty of seats on them too, so you will get rebooked and all will be fine. They are just a bus with wings.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Get out now before it's too late!
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:12 pm

Just wait until you get to the airport - you might get an upgrade if the flight is full or get EU denied boarding compensation.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: ABBA
So Sebastian, what happened?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Random bump of the day award goes to....
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paulwuk
So Sebastian, what happened?
sebastian94
Last Activity: Jul 12, 14 3:02 am
Doubt we will ever find out

Originally Posted by stu1985
Random bump of the day award goes to....
sebastian94 gets my vote ^
But a hard choice stu1985 was 2nd
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
If he got lucky BA screwed him and his finance left him.
Otherwise the poor guy is married.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.