Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6 hours in Paris - What to do?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I would just head in and spend a long four hour lunch at the Balzar on rue des Ecoles.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:45 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Lee_Again,

bit off topic, take a look at SFO777 trip report Paris for Valentine's Day via Lufthansa First Class, go to page 5. He visited Hugo Desnoyer for lunch.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Tokyo Palais
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:04 am
uk1
Suspended

Does no one read anymore before posting?

The OP is no longer going to Paris. He is going to Edinburgh.

Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Mea culpa... I am afraid I read the title and the last few posts only .

Edinburgh's got lots to offer - the National Museum of Scotland and National Gallery are well worth a visit, and for a taste of France La Garrigue on Jeffrey Street would be my recommendation for lunch or dinner.

The airport bus is the best way to get to the city, and offers good views of the tram tracks!

The BA lounge staff (now contracted out) are some of the best to be found anywhere, and the new lounge is not that bad, though the food could be improved.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:35 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by wyvern
Mea culpa... I am afraid I read the title and the last few posts only .

Edinburgh's got lots to offer - the National Museum of Scotland and National Gallery are well worth a visit, and for a taste of France La Garrigue on Jeffrey Street would be my recommendation for lunch or dinner.

The airport bus is the best way to get to the city, and offers good views of the tram tracks!

The BA lounge staff (now contracted out) are some of the best to be found anywhere, and the new lounge is not that bad, though the food could be improved.
We all do it. You are forgiven. Up to a point.

Scotland no longer has anything to offer. It is full of men in garish skirts and no underwear who hate English people even more than the French ever did. They want our cash but don't want us. Their idea of a culinary experience is dried oats and hot water. Yummy! Look how far HIDDY had to go. The OP should come with his wife to wonderful London where we love everyone - including the Scots (despite themselves) and where will give him and her a true welcome in the hillside.

Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Edinburgh eh? I'll take that over Paris anyday. Seems every time I go through Paris I run into a load of Police standing around looking uninterested because someone has been shot or mugged in broad daylight; not to mention the oh so charming locals where you must feel blessed if they bother to grunt at you. Or maybe I'm just unlucky!

I'm guessing you may be already knowledgeable of Edinburgh, and I'm rusty as to where to go restaurant wise in Edinburgh that is good but not too fancy (ask me in a month when i'm back in the land of the pies, i already have two ordered for lunch on my arrival day...anyway...), but you can't beat a night out along the grassmarket / cowgate. More than enough bars of all types to keep you entertained no matter whether you are 18 or 80 for a few hours since you are there overnight.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Lee_Again
Having thoroughly reviewed them all she has decided that a night in Edinburgh would be better.
Sensible lady. EDI is much more romantic. ^

Originally Posted by uk1
We all do it. You are forgiven. Up to a point.

Scotland no longer has anything to offer. It is full of men in garish skirts and no underwear who hate English people even more than the French ever did. They want our cash but don't want us. Their idea of a culinary experience is dried oats and hot water. Yummy! Look how far HIDDY had to go. The OP should come with his wife to wonderful London where we love everyone - including the Scots (despite themselves) and where will give him and her a true welcome in the hillside.

What was the choice of wine to accompany your lunch today?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:47 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Buckfast?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
6 hours in Paris - What to do?

WHATTTTTTTTT, she decided against my fair city. Did you MAKE her look at the weather? It is 23 and sunny.

Had a leisurely oyster lunch that lasted for a couple of hrs then off to a cafe for coffee and people watching. She'd rather a rainy cold city for a day like this???????

Dinner will be alfresco in the private gardens of a Resto.

I might need to talk to her.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: Freedom of speech
xxxxx

Last edited by PeasantGate; May 27, 2014 at 12:14 am
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:09 pm
uk1
Suspended

Sadly, there isn't a Bofinger in Edinburgh.

Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Lee_Again
Thank you all for your informative posts. I enjoyed reading them and passed them on to the wife. Having thoroughly reviewed them all she has decided that a night in Edinburgh would be better.
That's a mistake. Paris is declining rapidly. Go see it whilst it's still worth a visit.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Even though the OP is not going, others may read this hoping to find a good suggestion for Paris in 6 hours.

My suggestion for a really lovely but quite casual lunch would be L'Entrecôte. There are three in Paris.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Entrecôte

then take The Big Red Bus Tour, which takes you around Paris and you see everything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.