Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earliest you can drop bags

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Early bag drop is one of the benefits I'll miss the most when I get relegated from Silver to Bronze in a couple of months time.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:05 am

What the rules for JFK?

I am flying in on an internal AA flight landing at 1030pm.

THen I have a 2130 flight the next day to LHR in J. Spending the night at the Hilton.

Can I check in my bags at sat 0800 and head of into the city?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by poggs
What the rules for JFK?

I am flying in on an internal AA flight landing at 1030pm.

THen I have a 2130 flight the next day to LHR in J. Spending the night at the Hilton.

Can I check in my bags at sat 0800 and head of into the city?
I suppose you've ruled out just thru-checking your bags and taking overnight stuff in a carry-on?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by fripperies
I suppose you've ruled out just thru-checking your bags and taking overnight stuff in a carry-on?
If I could that would be perfect. I was told I could not on another thread somewhere.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by courtster
That sounds like it would be quite annoying indeed!

Status holders can drop bags from 0500.
BA's website only enumerates BAEC status, are the equivalent OneWorld Emerald/Sapphire also able to drop bags from 05:00?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by fripperies
You're not able to through check for a 23 hour connection at JFK straddling two calendar days. (Nor will poggs want to, unless they don't want to see their bag at LHR!)
Old Mar 8, 2014, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flatlander
BA's website only enumerates BAEC status, are the equivalent OneWorld Emerald/Sapphire also able to drop bags from 05:00?
Yes, Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby and F/J/Business UK can all drop bags from 05:00 on day of departure at LHR T1/3/5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.