FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Earliest you can drop bags (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1557291-earliest-you-can-drop-bags.html)

mario Mar 4, 2014 6:19 am

Earliest you can drop bags

I'm flying to LIS from T3 soon and need to check a bag. :rolleyes:

My flight is at 8PM, but can I go to the airport,say at 8am and check my bag at that time? I'm GCH and flying CE if that helps.

courtster Mar 4, 2014 6:26 am

I believe it's the same as T5, 0500.

LDNConsultant Mar 4, 2014 6:28 am

Originally Posted by courtster (Post 22458793)
I believe it's the same as T5, 0500.

Yep if you flying out from LHR it would be 0500.

pipsi Mar 4, 2014 6:32 am

Last time I flew from T5 I was told I could only drop bags 3 hours before the flight (which I'm my case meant five hours sat landslide with my luggage after transferring from LGW. as I was travelling alone it meant going to the ladies was a bit of a pain with luggage trolley in tow)

courtster Mar 4, 2014 6:38 am

Originally Posted by pipsi (Post 22458831)
Last time I flew from T5 I was told I could only drop bags 3 hours before the flight (which I'm my case meant five hours sat landslide with my luggage after transferring from LGW. as I was travelling alone it meant going to the ladies was a bit of a pain with luggage trolley in tow)

That sounds like it would be quite annoying indeed!

Status holders can drop bags from 0500.

Teece Mar 4, 2014 6:39 am

Originally Posted by courtster (Post 22458861)
That sounds like it would be quite annoying indeed!

Status holders can drop bags from 0500.

And F/J pax, I think.

corporate-wage-slave Mar 4, 2014 6:39 am

Originally Posted by pipsi (Post 22458831)

That would be the case if you didn't have status. Status, Club and First passengers can check in any stage on the same calendar day, also in theory assistance passengers. If you are hand luggage only you can also go in on the same calendar day with the App or Online boarding pass.

LondonAndy Mar 4, 2014 6:45 am

This new fangled thing called Google gives you the following if you type in
"british airways bag drop terminal 5" :p

Bag Drop desk opening times

Premier, Gold and Silver Executive Club members: From 05:00 on the day of departure

First, Club World and Club Europe passengers: From 05:00 on the day of departure

Euro Traveller and Domestic passengers: 3 hours before your flight departure time *

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus passengers: 3 hours before your flight departure time *

*The earliest Bag Drop opening time is 05:00.

They even have a page for terminal 3.

father_ted Mar 4, 2014 8:24 am

Now here's a question - has anyone tried early bag drop on BA at T1?

moneypooraviosrich Mar 4, 2014 9:05 am

I thought as status pax you were allowed to drop off bags anytime within 24 hours of your flight?
The reason I say this is that we have an ex. AMS trip planned and in a previous thread I asked about loading luggage the night before and taking a flight to AMS. staying overnight, returning the next day to continue the trip, and the consensus was that this would be OK.

stifle Mar 4, 2014 9:14 am

That is not generally allowed. It is from 0500 on the day of your flight. I think there are some exceptions at LGW for morning flights though.

pipsi Mar 4, 2014 9:22 am

I thought it was a bit strange at LHR, I wasn't asked if I had status just told it wasn't possible because they don't have the capacity to deal with bags outside of the 3 hour window. Incidentally on my outbound journey I dropped my hold luggage the night before at LGW without any issues.

Globaliser Mar 4, 2014 10:36 am

Originally Posted by pipsi (Post 22459749)
I thought it was a bit strange at LHR, I wasn't asked if I had status just told it wasn't possible because they don't have the capacity to deal with bags outside of the 3 hour window.

Were you at a First or Club desk? Everyone who can drop bags at any time on the day can use a First or Club desk, so they're less likely to say no.

Originally Posted by pipsi (Post 22459749)
Incidentally on my outbound journey I dropped my hold luggage the night before at LGW without any issues.

LGW has different arrangements.

olybeast Mar 4, 2014 10:40 am

Premium cabins and status is 5am.... 5am is champagne o clock in these cases

cziwkga Mar 4, 2014 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by stoneman (Post 22459639)
I thought as status pax you were allowed to drop off bags anytime within 24 hours of your flight?
The reason I say this is that we have an ex. AMS trip planned and in a previous thread I asked about loading luggage the night before and taking a flight to AMS. staying overnight, returning the next day to continue the trip, and the consensus was that this would be OK.

As stifle has said, not generally allowed but there are exceptions. EDI is one of them, allowing drop-off from 8pm the night before, although I think it only applies to some (?morning) flights.