Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by paulgibbs
I just tried with "trialtopsecret" and it said the code was expired.
There's another lastminute code for today (5th August) only: AUG2014.

10% off bookings over £100, which rules it out for most Sofitel 1 night stays, but it's valid on the usual range of properties, not just TSH. And, of course, it's valid on TSH properties that are otherwise excluded from the 'transparent' list - eg Accor, Hilton, Marriott, MGM, IHG, Starwood, Wyndham.

Book by 02:00BST 06AUG2014.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Has anyone got a code that currently works?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by paulgibbs
Has anyone got a code that currently works?
Depending on what cashback you might get by going via other portals, the best promo code at the moment, I think, is 10% off for MasterCard members via this link:

https://www.priceless.com/london/off...iew=&cid=37815

Code is MASTER10, but it won't/shouldn't work via any other lastminute.com sites - it's tethered to the above MasterCard microsite.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've still not found a single occasion where this hotel has dropped below £121 a night.
Just went and booked the Premier Inn on Bath Road as it's around £52 at present - far better, even taking into account any buses, than the £167 the Sofitel wants on the night I'm staying.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by xenole
I've still not found a single occasion where this hotel has dropped below £121 a night.
Just went and booked the Premier Inn on Bath Road as it's around £52 at present - far better, even taking into account any buses, than the £167 the Sofitel wants on the night I'm staying.
And the rear "garden" at the Premier Inn is a great place to watch arrivals on 27R... [/geekmode]

I agree with you though. I wouldn't pay more than about £90 a night for the Sofitel. It is a very pleasant, relaxed hotel, and the location is second to none. There is good competition at LHR though, with three (soon to be four) Hilton properties, the T5 being the standout hotel, Premier Inn, a few Holiday Inns, the Renaissance....etc, etc.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
The Hilton T5 is going for around £124 - still way too much in my opinion for an overnight stay at an airport.

Saw some pics from the PI on TripAdvisor of the planes landing so might take some of my own
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by xenole
I have also been looking for ages for a Sunday night in January. At the moment they want £199 or £121 as the secret hotel.

Have given up as a lost cause and booked the Premier Inn on Bath Road at £29.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Horshamflyer
Have given up as a lost cause and booked the Premier Inn on Bath Road at £29.
Was this in a sale? That is outstanding value for an airport property and it's never been less than about £50 when I've looked in the past.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:59 am

Same here but I just went on the Premier Inn website and booked it. Doesn't appear to be a sale.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by paul4040
Was this in a sale? That is outstanding value for an airport property and it's never been less than about £50 when I've looked in the past.
It's the normal saver rate, just booked it myself for £29 in November. Obviously there is limited availability for this rate so it is not always offered. The T5 one is closer to T5 and right on the 423 bus route but it seems to be harder to find the £29 rates there thses days.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:15 am

T5 Premier Inn would have been better for me but they want £119 per night when I fly.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Found a new code for lastminute.com which gives you £20 off the Sofitel T5 (and other hotels for that matter). You just need to download the lastminute app to your mobile and then enter the promo code PARTY20

Managed to get the Sofitel for £101 on Friday night booking just a few hours before my arrival using the secret hotels and the code (great value as it was £169 on the website).

Also doesn't seem to charge a fee for using your Amex on the app ^
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
As this thread has evolved beyond the original "'OT(ish): Sofitel at T5 for £88 a night')" topic, I have retitled it to reflect its ongoing usefulness.

/mod
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:01 pm

New 15% off code from Money Saving Expert for selected lastminute.com hotel bookings over £100, including Top Secret Hotels:

MSE15

Valid until 10am GMT Thursday 27th November 2014 or for 4,000 uses.

Hat tip and further details: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/dea...tminute-hotels
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by continentalclub
New 15% off code from Money Saving Expert for selected lastminute.com hotel bookings over £100, including Top Secret Hotels:

MSE15

Valid until 10am GMT Thursday 27th November 2014 or for 4,000 uses.

Hat tip and further details: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/dea...tminute-hotels
Thanks - but no Heathrow hotels seem to be coming up at all on lastminute.com, I am putting Heathrow in as the destination - am I doing something wrong?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.