Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Am I too early to try this for September 15th yet? I have been playing around with lastminute.com and can't seem to get anywhere. If anyone could help out, I'd be really grateful. Thanks!
Originally Posted by Chandler Bing
You're not too early, I booked a night for December in January so maybe its an availability issue?
I think that it's just that they're getting more opaque with the descriptions.

If it's anything, I'd go for 'Hotel with excellent Restaurant and 24 hour Gym - 4* - Heathrow Airport' at £138 for that night. That is, apart from a few other hints, the one that's closest to the usual 30-35% off the best available public rate.

It's a fairly expensive date for Sofitel that night, and caveat emptor seems to be more of a factor at the moment. If you can get the TRIALTOPSECRET code to work still, and the exact property isn't too critical, then it may be worth a punt. If you need certainty, there are rates at other LHR hotels that night that could work out a lot less.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by continentalclub
I think that it's just that they're getting more opaque with the descriptions.

If it's anything, I'd go for 'Hotel with excellent Restaurant and 24 hour Gym - 4* - Heathrow Airport' at £138 for that night. That is, apart from a few other hints, the one that's closest to the usual 30-35% off the best available public rate.

It's a fairly expensive date for Sofitel that night, and caveat emptor seems to be more of a factor at the moment. If you can get the TRIALTOPSECRET code to work still, and the exact property isn't too critical, then it may be worth a punt. If you need certainty, there are rates at other LHR hotels that night that could work out a lot less.
Thanks for the info. I thought it may have been that one too but it only has 1418 tripadvisor reiviews so I'm not certain. That is a bit more than I would like to pay on the off-chance that it is actually the Sofitel. I think I'll wait until nearer the time to see if I can get it at a better price. If not, there are plenty of options around LHR.

Thanks again!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
It appears on 21st Sep so you aren't fundamentally too early. Just that the rates are higher that night so they may not be making any rooms available at the hidden level. That could change, or not.

If your Plan B is to book somewhere cheaper (as opposed to paying normal price for the Sofitel which could go up or down), LHR is not going to sell out so you might as well wait and see.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by continentalclub
No that's the Sheraton http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...x_England.html

Sort by distance from T5 and you aren't taking any chances.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by pauldb
It appears on 21st Sep so you aren't fundamentally too early. Just that the rates are higher that night so they may not be making any rooms available at the hidden level. That could change, or not.

If your Plan B is to book somewhere cheaper (as opposed to paying normal price for the Sofitel which could go up or down), LHR is not going to sell out so you might as well wait and see.
That's my thinking exactly. Thanks for the info!

Thanks! It was sorting by distance from T5 that I was having trouble with. Lastminute only wanted to show me London landmarks to sort by distance from so I couldn't find it at all. I'll keep checking over the next few weeks I think.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
That's my thinking exactly. Thanks for the info!

Thanks! It was sorting by distance from T5 that I was having trouble with. Lastminute only wanted to show me London landmarks to sort by distance from so I couldn't find it at all. I'll keep checking over the next few weeks I think.
LHR T5 is something like second on the drop down list of locations.

Not available as a secret hotel when I want to stay and not paying £167 a night on what seems to be the most expensive night of the year.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by xenole
LHR T5 is something like second on the drop down list of locations.

Not available as a secret hotel when I want to stay and not paying £167 a night on what seems to be the most expensive night of the year.
Thanks for the information. T5 wasn't coming up as an option when I searched the other day but it has re-appeared now. Lastiminute must have been playing up. The Sofitel isn't available as a Top Secret hotel on 15th September and the full rate is £199 so I wouldn't pay that!

As it turns out, our plans changed slightly and we decided to fly straight to Paris that evening rather than overnighting in LHR and I was able to get the Pullman CDG for £71 as a TSH using the promo code so I'm very happy. Otherwise it was going to be an Ibis Budget for €79. No contest really!

Thanks to all for the help.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
I booked last week (for late July) and found that 'trialtopsecret' (lowercase) worked for the 10% discount, whereas 'TRIALTOPSECRET' (uppercase) did not.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Is there a chance that lastminute is this time playing with the distance of the secret hotels? The Sofitel is 0.22 miles from the airport, but the secret hotel "Luxury Hotel offering unforgettable stays at Heathrow - 4*" with same tripadvisor ratings and a correct discount of 28% (from 135.19 to 97.56 GBP) is stated with a distance of 0.5 miles!?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 4:17 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Arrived tonight for a 2 night stay under the offer. Was upgraded to a Club room with Millésime access and 2 free drink vouchers. Didn't even show my Platinum card. The manager "recognised my face". Lovely.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Does it come up for the Sofitel for Gatwick? or where is the best place to book a stay for the Sofitel at Gatwick?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 5:54 pm
K&C

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pacenotes
Does it come up for the Sofitel for Gatwick? or where is the best place to book a stay for the Sofitel at Gatwick?
If you can't get a decent rate at the Sofitel try the new'ish Hampton that is also connected to the north terminal at Gatwick. Rates are often 1/2 the price of the Sofitel.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:01 am

I've been able to book the Sofitel Gatwick through Hotwire for about £70. I believe it's their only 4.5* rated secret hotel (you can toggle between secret and normal rates to check this with reasonable certainty). Quidco too, and got Plat benefits.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:25 am

Looking at this one again, it's definitely not the Sheraton Heathrow, but it probably is the Sheraton Skyline.

Based on 'today's' descriptions, the Sofitel may well be 'Splendid hotel offering a truly unique experience - 4* - Heathrow Airport' - unless anyone can update with a booking against that title that's somewhere else.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Just snagged a bargain thanks to this thread again. 14 August just before my 787 flight in a CW seat to ARN - beautiful.

The "trialtopsecret" code works only in lower case. For those struggling to find the hotel, the description on the site is as follows:

With ease of access to the airport, whilst having great links to central London. You will be impressed by the modern, elegant bedrooms. Dine in either of the restaurants or bars, or relax in the comfort of your own room and order from the 24hr room service menu. For the more active there is a fully equipped state of the art gym. The hotel offers the highest level of service, attending to your every need.

Including discount it came to £87.70.

TopCashBack have a rate of 12.6% ending today on hotel bookings, so this nets me £11.05 cashback (2655 Avios when converted Clubcard>BAEC)!

They also owe me an upgrade to Junior Suite following a balls up last time I stayed.... one of the best hotel bargains I've ever snagged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.