Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Ranking WTP cabins/service on various BA Planes/Routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,

I have a trip booked (through miles) to Europe this June (visiting London, Berlin and Barcelona). I am currently booked on a few BA legs (LHR to TXL in Club, BCN-LHR-EWR with the last leg on WTP on the 787). Currently I am booked on an AA flight to London from New York on American Airlines in economy, and I continue to look for ways to improve that leg of the flight at the most cost effective way.

BA shows award availability in WTP on various flights to London out of JFK on my departer date. However, these are generally on the 747 and will cost an extra $250 or so in fees compared to my current flight. The general consensus is that the WTP product on the 747 isn't worth that much.

How about the 777? I haven't seen too much on the WTP product on those jets.

I understand the 787 WTP product is excellent, which is why I booked it back from Europe.

Couple of questions
1) Will more WTP, Club World or even First inventory open up from NYC-LHR closer to June?
2) Is there a post comparing all premium economy products/cabins across BA? Interested in how they compared to each other and also how they compare to options like Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: ABBA
I flew WTP on a mid j 747 yesterday, 15A is a great seat in the cabin (window seat with aisle access), and the cabin is great (separate from wt)

On the 767 it's good as its 2-2-2

On the hi j 747 you get 28BJ and 29AK as good seats

On the 773 you have a good IFE and the exit rows have plenty of room to get aisle access from the window

I havent done the 787 or A380

The 4 class 772 is acceptable, but the worst WTP cabin is the 3 class 772 in my experience.

Hard to rank as it depends what you're after and which seats are available

All wtp cabins beat the horrendous A321 mid hauls
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:39 am

Have you checked if there's availability in J direct to TXL (or DUS) on airberlin? You would be better doing the TATL flight in a flat bed for 40,000 avios and minimal taxes, and an economy filght (either cash or avios) TXL-LON, than spend 39,000 avios plus hundreds of dollars more in tax/YQ on WTP + CE.

Alternatively, have you considered main cabin extra on the AA flight? This would I think be significantly less than the $250 for WTP, would save you the extra avios and you'd be guaranteed decent IFE on the 77W.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Have you checked if there's availability in J direct to TXL (or DUS) on airberlin? You would be better doing the TATL flight in a flat bed for 40,000 avios and minimal taxes, and an economy filght (either cash or avios) TXL-LON, than spend 39,000 avios plus hundreds of dollars more in tax/YQ on WTP + CE.

Alternatively, have you considered main cabin extra on the AA flight? This would I think be significantly less than the $250 for WTP, would save you the extra avios and you'd be guaranteed decent IFE on the 77W.
When I last checked, there was no availability on either Air Berlin or Aer Lingus across the Atlantic. I'll keep checking up until the departure time.

I don't think I can upgrade to Main Cabin Extra on an award flight on AA (I don't have AA/One World status, and the flights were booked via a partner - Alaska Airlines)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.