FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ranking WTP cabins/service on various BA Planes/Routes
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:14 am
Adelphos

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Have you checked if there's availability in J direct to TXL (or DUS) on airberlin? You would be better doing the TATL flight in a flat bed for 40,000 avios and minimal taxes, and an economy filght (either cash or avios) TXL-LON, than spend 39,000 avios plus hundreds of dollars more in tax/YQ on WTP + CE.

Alternatively, have you considered main cabin extra on the AA flight? This would I think be significantly less than the $250 for WTP, would save you the extra avios and you'd be guaranteed decent IFE on the 77W.
When I last checked, there was no availability on either Air Berlin or Aer Lingus across the Atlantic. I'll keep checking up until the departure time.

I don't think I can upgrade to Main Cabin Extra on an award flight on AA (I don't have AA/One World status, and the flights were booked via a partner - Alaska Airlines)