Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:43 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
There are a few croissant fillings.

Cheese and ham, pastrami and cream cheese are two of the non veg ones (can't remember the third one) and veg ones include, cream cheese with apricot jam, cheese and tomato and cheese and pickle.
There will be one non veg choice and one veg choice (on request only sometimes).
They are quite substantial and are served with tea, coffee and juices but other drinks should be available on request.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Well it was Bacon, soft cheese and tomato..... Not sure if it still is.
I might find out on Saturday as I slum it in Y !
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Well it was Bacon, soft cheese and tomato..... Not sure if it still is.
I might find out on Saturday as I slum it in Y !
Thanks Skipcool, that's the third non veg choice that I could not remember.

They rotate every 3 days, so it is hard to tell exactly the choice that will be on the flight.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
Thanks to every one for such quick and informative replies! I think I am going to enjoy it here at flyer talk. So it's generally unpredictable as to which filling will be loaded. I will try and take a pic. Too bad I'm not flying back with them at Lunchtime the following day else I could have taken a pic of that too. BA wanted £110 to change but norwegian only wanted £40. Hmm new airline or expensive sandwich xD
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:02 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Over the last three weeks I've managed to sample all the current options for vegetarian breakfasts and would just like to say I've found them all to be exceptionally good. I could never eat the standard one at that time of day and have often gone without until a friendly purser suggested I try the vegetarian one and I'm glad he did.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
Over the last three weeks I've managed to sample all the current options for vegetarian breakfasts and would just like to say I've found them all to be exceptionally good. I could never eat the standard one at that time of day and have often gone without until a friendly purser suggested I try the vegetarian one and I'm glad he did.
My absolute favourite is the cream cheese and apricot jam croissant, I just love them, luckily I don't do too many morning flights or else I would get very fat!!
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by stifle
CityFlyer catering is all quite different.
But really the catering should not be different on BA flights in and out of LCY. I am a regular to AGP and use LCY, LGW and LHR in CE and ET. The ET hot breakfast out of LCY is in my view far better than the CE 'extended breakfast' from AGP to LGW at 11.50. From a passenger perspective if it the aircraft is painted BA and the crew are in BA uniform, the 'soft' offering should be the same, irrespective of which London airport the flight departs from/arrives at.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by JSM8
But really the catering should not be different on BA flights in and out of LCY. I am a regular to AGP and use LCY, LGW and LHR in CE and ET. The ET hot breakfast out of LCY is in my view far better than the CE 'extended breakfast' from AGP to LGW at 11.50. From a passenger perspective if it the aircraft is painted BA and the crew are in BA uniform, the 'soft' offering should be the same, irrespective of which London airport the flight departs from/arrives at.
Please don't give them ideas. All this will lead to is the LCY flights being enhanced to a crappy wrap on the grounds that "customers like consistency" and it's "appropriate to the time of day".
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Well it was Bacon, soft cheese and tomato.....
Which is the only one I really dislike, just like the bacon wraps on the LGW routes.

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
My absolute favourite is the cream cheese and apricot jam croissant
Me too! They are the nicest of the lot!
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Hot breakfast in ET on LHR-LED (B4):
The English breakfast part was tasty but you should not read the ingredients full of E stuff. Pastry with 'chocolate' and bread were bad, bircher muesli was good, orange juice was the usual ugly concentrate.

I was looking forward to sampling the fish & chips trial, but no luck...

Old Apr 20, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
I had the cheese and pickle croissant recently and thought it was much nicer than the cheese and ham ones I had before. It seems to do better having been refrigerated etc.

Now, my query. Be prepared to roll your eyes at the pedantry.

It is about the first page of the thread that lists all the meals and specifically about the bar service. You will now know where my priorities lie.

For bands 1 and 2, there is often no specific bar service listed. Of course, drinks are available. I recently had a band 3, and was expecting a difference in the bar service, but it seemed to be the same as bands 1 and 2.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
For bands 1 and 2, there is often no specific bar service listed. Of course, drinks are available. I recently had a band 3, and was expecting a difference in the bar service, but it seemed to be the same as bands 1 and 2.
AFAIK, bar service is the same on all CE/ET routes regardless of band.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by Genius1
AFAIK, bar service is the same on all CE/ET routes regardless of band.
The only difference I can think of off the top of my head is hot chocolate in CE, which is only on band 4.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Has anyone ideas for a husband who cannot eat cheese or fish as he usually has nothing to eat on short and longhaul flights. Fed up with buying food when we fly Club everywhere?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by sapper188
Has anyone ideas for a husband who cannot eat cheese or fish as he usually has nothing to eat on short and longhaul flights. Fed up with buying food when we fly Club everywhere?
Have you tried Asian Vegetarian? I doesn't usually contain either and tastes pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.