Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help to check seat availability and flight loads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
If you wish to request availability for a specific flight, please state the date and origin/departure airport codes, not just the flight number.

Please also restrict requests to BA/oneworld flights - flights for other airlines may be removed to avoid cluttering the thread and taking it away from BAEC.

As of 15 Oct 2014 flightstats.com no longer displays flight availability.

Fare class availability can be queried in various ways*:

* Please update wiki if you know of any others.
        ** Origin of data concealed

What do the codes mean?
        Suppose we have a result as F1 A0 J9 C7 D0 RC IC W9 E9 T4 Y9 BC HC ...

This means:
        There is 1 seat in the F bucket for sale
        There are 0 seats in the A and D bucket for sale, but you can join the waitlist in case seats get released later.
        There are at least 9 seats in the J, W, E and Y buckets.
        The R, I, B and H buckets are closed to waitlisting.

There are two important things to note about how to interpret these numbers that many people don't understand as it is very counter intuitive:
        1) There is NO direct relation to the actual number of seats available on the specific flight. They only mean that the airline is willing to sell this many seats on that specific flight. The airline may intend to oversell seats or withhold seats from sale for many reasons.

2) In the example above, the results show W9 E9 T4 (which are all WT+ buckets). This does not mean that there are 9+9+4=22 seats for sale. Interpret these numbers as "there are at least 9 seats for sale in WT+". There could really be anywhere between 9 and 22 seats for sale - we just can't tell from the numbers the system gives us. Therefore, the conservative approach of assuming that there are at least 9 seats for sale is usually the best one.

What does the "C" mean?
        Closed to waitlisting.
        In the example above we have RC, IC, BC and HC. This is different to A0 and D0: The A and D buckets are "full" but you can apply to join their waitlists (if your fare permits waitlisting). With R, I, B and H you cannot even request a seat.

The carrier will determine how to confirm your seat if it wishes. Sometimes this may happen immediately, other times only a few minutes before the flight's departure. The order of the waitlist is determined by the carrier privately, but your Executive Club status will push you towards the front of the queue. Many cheap fares do not allow waitlisting.

Differences for non-BA airlines
        • Some carriers (those using Sabre such as AA) only show a maximum of 7 available seats (not 9). Others only show a maximum of 5.
        • Some carriers use "L" instead of "0" (e.g., CL DL YL) to indicate you may waitlist for the seat. This tends to happen when the entire flight is on a list basis.
        Print Wikipost

Help to check seat availability and flight loads

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2014, 1:20 pm
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angatol
        I think mine's a bit easier on the eyes than yours
        Unfortunately I get that a lot.

Old Oct 26, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
        Originally Posted by Calchas
        I thought Chris1979 was grown up enough not to need the information edited into bite-size chunks.
        Originally Posted by angatol
        I think mine's a bit easier on the eyes than yours
        Thank you both - much appreciated.
        Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
        Help to check seat availability and flight loads | 2014 master thread

My friend, Chr1s1979, is travelling to JFK in Y later this week so this is useful for him (he's in party of 3 but in separate PNR from the other 2).

Because of the other 2, he had to go Y though I keep telling him there's nothing to be ashamed about! ;-)
        Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
        KVS question..

Hey

I don't have a subscription for KVS awards. If someone does could they find out the loads for first class on the LHR-IAD A380 flight 3rd Dec please. I managed to get a great ex eu CW Dub fare to IAD and would love to upgrade to first (my first time). A few more dates have opened up but I'm wondering what the likelyhood is for that day? many thanks
        Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:32 pm
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
        We have a thread for this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html.
        Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
        Hi Could someone please check loads for BA 174 JFK-LHR on Dec 6th please. Thanks, would be much appreciated.
        Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:01 pm
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
        Hi Could someone please check loads for BA 174 JFK-LHR on Dec 6th please. Thanks, would be much appreciated.
        In Europe, F9 A9 J9 C9 D9 R9 I4 W9 E9 T8 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G9
        In the US, F9 A9 J9 C9 D9 R9 I5 W9 E9 T8 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G9

Spot the difference? The London ticket office is currently willing to sell one fewer I class seat.
        Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:11 am

Hello,

I would appreciate it if someone could check availability for BA55 LHR-JNB departing on the 05th Dec 14, and BA54 JNB-LHR departing on the 21st Dec.

Ta in advance!
        Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:37 pm
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
        For a UK POS:-

5 December 2014, BA55: F7 A7 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T6 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G0

21 December 2014, BA54: F9 A9 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G0
        Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:29 am

Deleted

Last edited by Bluesky; Oct 31, 2014 at 4:32 pm Reason: see other posts
        Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
        Can someone check the loads on BA2159 LGW to UVF on December 2nd?

Thanks
        Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:10 am

BA207 LHR-MIA on November 10th in WT+.

I'm a bit concerned. We are BA Blue and chose not to reserve seats in WT+ at the time of booking. I checked some weeks ago and there was plenty of choice but I looked yesterday and there were only 4 seats (13 E&F, 14 E&F) left.

I gather there are seats in WT and in CW. Should we now hang on and see what happens at OLCI on Sunday or should we play safe and reserve either of the above

Many thanks.
        Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:59 am
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adamhornets
        BA207 LHR-MIA on November 10th in WT+.

I'm a bit concerned. We are BA Blue and chose not to reserve seats in WT+ at the time of booking. I checked some weeks ago and there was plenty of choice but I looked yesterday and there were only 4 seats (13 E&F, 14 E&F) left.

I gather there are seats in WT and in CW. Should we now hang on and see what happens at OLCI on Sunday or should we play safe and reserve either of the above

Many thanks.
        There are five seats currently available for selection (perhaps you cannot see 12E because it is only available to Golds at the moment). Frankly none of the seats are worth paying for unless you are desperate to sit together. If you really want to sit together, perhaps you should pay for two seats now.

Reserving a seat does not affect your chances of being upgraded. However, if you are upgraded, you lose your seat reservation fee.

On that flight there are currently eight seats for sale in the Club cabin, 1 in the Traveller Plus cabin and many for sale in the economy cabin. On that basis I would expect a few upgrades from Traveller Plus to Club.
        Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:38 am

Thanks for checking - much appreciated.
        Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver
        Hi Guys,

Could someone check availability for BA172 This Saturday (8th November)?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.