Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the £10,000 (or £20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under £1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: £2,500
    • Refund protection: £300 (£200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: £200 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): £750 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): £1,000 (£0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: £250,000 (£75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): £1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): £3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2016, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by nei1c
    BA metal does fly to Sydney but it's probably the most difficult to get seats on - you'll have to book a year in advance and get lucky. The fees are also quite high, along with the number of avios. In some ways you're better booking an ex-EU on QR when they've got a sale on. They fly to both Sydney and Auckland.
    Jesus, that's a long time in advance! I'll have a look on an ex-EU, as I also tried to look for HKG or Tokyo to Auckland in business, but are very expensive and won't make sense to use the 2-4-1 voucher to go all that way and then pay full fare from there to NZ.
    Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
    Does anyone have the Ts&Cs for the spend £10,000 get 10,000 bonus avios promo? I cant find my letter.

I want to know if the spend has to be on the main card or does anything put through on a supplementary card spend also count?

I am tight on hitting the £10k spend and will need to buy some gift cards - I just don't want to have to buy too many!
    Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:53 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
    Originally Posted by tigertanaka
    Does anyone have the Ts&Cs for the spend £10,000 get 10,000 bonus avios promo? I cant find my letter.

I want to know if the spend has to be on the main card or does anything put through on a supplementary card spend also count?

I am tight on hitting the £10k spend and will need to buy some gift cards - I just don't want to have to buy too many!
    This what I received. I think spend on a supplementary card counts towards the £10,000 since Amex refer to your Account, not card.

Terms and Conditions

1. Bonus Avios. For the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card, 10,000 bonus Avios will be awarded to your Account once you have spent and been charged a minimum of £10,000 on goods and services awarded to your Account within the campaign period from 1 September and 30 November 2016.
    Please note, bonus Avios will be credited to the Cardmembers Account after the campaign period ending 30 November 2016. In rare circumstances it may take up to 6 weeks from the campaign end date for the bonus Avios to be applied.
    2. For the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card, you will be awarded 1.5 Avios for virtually every £1 spent and charged per transaction, and 3 Avios for virtually every £1 you spend directly on British Airways flights and holidays. Avios are not earned on Balance Transfers, Cash Withdrawals, American Express Travellers Cheques purchases, Foreign Exchange, interest, any spending in excess of your credit limit, charges for returned payments, late payment or referral charges and American Express Card finance charges.
    3. Terms and Conditions apply to Avios redemptions. BA reward flight and Companion Voucher bookings are subject to availability. Detailed information on Companion Vouchers can be found at ba.com/amexbacard or by calling 0844 493 0750. Calls cost 7ppm plus your phone company's access charge.
    4. Taste from American Express. American Express dining benefits will be open for all American Express Cardmembers to use, subject to Terms and Conditions. Benefit only redeemable when paid for with an American Express Card. Age restrictions apply to the consumption of alcohol in the restaurant. For full Terms and Conditions, please visit amexdiningprogram.com
    5. Amex Offers. Log in to your Account online to save the latest offers to your Card, or use the American Express App and select 'offers'. Terms apply.
    6. Minimum iOS version 7 required for iPhone app and Android version 4.1 for Android app. Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.

The British Airways American Express Card is offered by American Express Services Europe Limited registered office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
    Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG, LeClub, HHonors
    Originally Posted by tigertanaka

You can spend £10k on the supplementary card if you wish, you will still trigger the voucher
    Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA
    I'm sure the answer is buried in this thread somewhere but should I be charged a booking fee using my BA Premium Amex card on BA flights?
    Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:49 pm
    Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
    Originally Posted by BABroadie
    I'm sure the answer is buried in this thread somewhere but should I be charged a booking fee using my BA Premium Amex card on BA flights?
    Using a BAPP does not exempt you from any fees.
    Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA
    Originally Posted by KARFA
    Using a BAPP does not exempt you from any fees.
    Thank you!
    Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, scotpoints
    I am not currently seeing my progress towards the £10k 241 target when I access my account online. Are other people having a problem with this?
    Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
    Working for me this morning

DC
    Attached Images  
    Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:08 am
    rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
    Originally Posted by alastair_actually
    I am not currently seeing my progress towards the £10k 241 target when I access my account online. Are other people having a problem with this?
    I'm not seeing my progress either. It's been like this for a few days now. I do recall seeing the progress bar last week, but it hasn't shown up at all for this week so far.
    Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:17 am
    Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
    Just checked and mine is working in teh same way as shown by dc0000's screenshot.
    Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
    Mine is missing too but if you click the 'View earned Avios' button you will be able to see your progress on the next page in the yellow box on the right.
    Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:38 am
    rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
    Originally Posted by AndyRobin
    Mine is missing too but if you click the 'View earned Avios' button you will be able to see your progress on the next page in the yellow box on the right.
    Ah, good one - thanks!
    Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
    My progress to 2-4-1 is showing on my BAPP account but my new platinum account is not showing progress to the bonus membership rewards points. Contact with Amex has resulted in a reply to say they have a known IT bug and are trying to fix it.
    Looks intermittent though.
    Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:03 am

I think Amex are having problems as my £3000 bar is gone as well. but I called and said it's just a glitch and should be fixed. anyways they said all is fine which is what matters. I bet it's the same thing for the £10000 2-4-1 voucher bar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.