Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gate A14

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 11:24 pm

smoking

forgive me if this is in the wrong place, but after several decades as a confirmed, heavy smoker, I finally quit nearly six months ago (weird story involving an Israeli guru in Bogota and 15 minutes in his hotel room) and the difference it has made to flying has been one of the biggest things that i've noticed. No more going back out through security for a last smoke, rushing for the exit, vaping under the covers, feeling nauseous after a few hours, waiting until the last possible minute to go though so i can have one precious last cigarette etc. Instead I can relax, work, sleep, generally be stress-free (at least as much as one can be now days). It has been amazing and I wonder if any other smokers who have stopped have also realised the profound difference.
Gastrocnemius, T8191 and Roger like this.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Personally, I would ban smoking full stop. Sitting next to a smoker can be an unpleasant experience due to the lingering smell or overpowering stench of other items used to mask the smoke.

I am glad you have found the means to quit (however strange) for yourself and your fellow travellers.
Roger likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Seeking a widespread attention to the benefits of quitting the habit of smoking, OMNI would be the way to go
Old May 5, 2018, 6:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Well done for being able to quit....what exactly went on in that Bogota hotel room?
Although still a cigarette smoker I tend to smoke my pipe more these days after sourcing some excellent tabaco en cuerda (rope tobacco) produced by artisans in Misiones province. I enjoy it too much to give it up and anyway tobacco is very cheap here compared to the UK. In fact this year just for fun I have been growing my own. The crop is now inside curing/fermenting and should be ready in six months.
I can survive a long haul flight without smoking no problem. It's the hanging about inside airports without being able to smoke that bothers me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.