Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Selecting redemption destinations on the edges of the pricing bands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Selecting redemption destinations on the edges of the pricing bands

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: A Club Plat, IHG Plat, CC Gold, A3 Blue
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I was reading the IB redemption table and I saw LIM is actually a band 6 destination when redeeming with IB Avios. I don't know about through ba.com, but I think it might be worth mentioning as it's a 50k Avios + 108€ each way for a J seat. A fantastic value for that distance.

EDIT: GYE is also included in band 6. So those are some good values for anyone looking for a South American trip.
A similar thing also applies to MEX and SCL according to the BA website... so MAD-MEX/GYE/LIM are all Band 6 and MAD-SCL is Band 7.

This is a really brilliant resource - thank you Prospero for the work you put into it. Is there a particular piece of software you use for them or are they just done 'from the ground up' so to speak?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a smashing piece of work. Thanks Prospero.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:29 pm

Any chance of a PER map if you any spare time?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
please delete.

Last edited by londonbus; Feb 23, 2014 at 5:50 am Reason: duh. missread map. mods -please delete
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Thanks. ...

An excellent tool that I have already used....any chance that you would be able to include Boston in your mileage bands, particularly as Dublin to Boston just falls nicely into a lower band. Thankyou
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Just to say that on your London chart, it says GOT is in Red, but it is a 9.000 avios flight so it should be green

Otherwise thanks for this, it is very helpful
Old May 1, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Map from CMB now that Air Sri Lanka have joined OW?

If I might suggest the addition of a map centered upon CMB to add to this HIGHLY useful and bookmarked thread :-)

Last edited by catharsis; May 27, 2015 at 3:38 am Reason: fixed CGk/CMB mistake
Old May 1, 2014, 6:30 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by catharsis
If I might suggest the addition of a map centered upon CGK to add to this HIGHLY usefuil and bookmarked thread :-)
Are you confusing Sri Lankan Airlines with Sriwijaya Air?

UL does not fly to CGK. CGK has five direct oneworld destinations.

UL's hub is CMB..
Old May 1, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nux
Are you confusing Sri Lankan Airlines with Sriwijaya Air?

UL does not fly to CGK. CGK has five direct oneworld destinations.

UL's hub is CMB..
Doh!

Would it help to say that I had even gone to the effort of using the tools and preparing a map with 650,1150,2000,300,4000 and 5500 mile ranges around Colombo before realising that I could not make it look pretty enough and deciding instead to suggest the task for others of less limited competence.

Thanks for the correction, I did of course mean Colombo which is CMB and not CGK.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
It looks to me like it's possible -- but difficult -- to find Band 1 + Band 1 (9k) that beat Band 3 (10k). For example, DCA-DFW vs DCA-BNA-DFW.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:54 am

This may be one to add to the list but BA.com doesn't agree. Route is JFK-MXP (point to point on AA). Per both circle mapper and BA.com distance is exactly 3,995 miles.

This should put it just into the 3,000 - 3,999 band and per http://www.awardguru.com/blog/?p=425 it is 40,000 Avios for a one way in Business.

However, BA.com prices it out at 50,000 Avios - can anyone offer an explanation?

Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I would love to see a HEL centered version
Old May 28, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: BA
Sorry, posted in wrong thread...

Last edited by wiivile; May 28, 2015 at 3:22 pm
Old May 28, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wiivile
1) Is it possible to book multi-city redemptions (something as simple as JFK-> MAN and LHR -> JFK) on the same itinerary online?

2) If not, is it possible to do it over the phone? Will they waive the phone booking fee if it is not possible to do this online?

3) When cancelling an entire roundtrip or multi-city itinerary, does the Avios cancellation/redeposit fee apply per itinerary or per segment or what?
You can always book leg by leg (each visited city at a time) on separate PNRs as series of unconnected oneway flights.

I would advise that connecting flights be booked on the same PNR but if you have a long stop I don't think there is any advantage in putting it all on the same ticket.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:42 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Calchas
You can always book leg by leg (each visited city at a time) on separate PNRs as series of unconnected oneway flights.

I would advise that connecting flights be booked on the same PNR but if you have a long stop I don't think there is any advantage in putting it all on the same ticket.
Baggage allowance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.