Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Blocks Flyertalk For AA Passenger [MXP Lounge]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Blocks Flyertalk For AA Passenger [MXP Lounge]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HIDDY
The majority probably don't and some of those who do won't know how to use it. My wife being one of them.
Somewhat wide off the mark these days, I would say, at least as far as the UK is concerned. I can't think of anyone I know under 40 who isn't permanently connected. The majority of those aged 54 to 65 are now smartphone users (for the first time).

Just one example of very many:

7 in 10 People in the UK Now Own a Smartphone

Among BA travellers it could only be higher, in my opinion.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I used the lounge recently and had no problem accessing FT. It seems bizarre, but unfortunately wifi situation in Italy is appalling and things like that happen.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Amongst young one's I would agree but folk of my age are happy still be connected to life rather than the internet.

My views are based on the age range of those I observed on the MAD subway......heads bowed with fingers clicking away on keypads. All seemed to be 25 and under.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B511 Safari/9537.53)

Do people still use lounge computers?! How quaint.
It may surprise you, but despite carrying an iphone and a laptop, I prefer to use a proper full size keyboard and a real monitor.

The only time I have had my security compromised was with an iphone. I have never had any issues with lounge computers.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
Moderators: I was trying to cast this as an AA post, but you may want to move it elsewhere.

I, as an AA EXP, was flying on an AA issued ticket on AA from JFK to MXP and then on to Amman, Jordan on an AA issued ticked on Royal Jordanian (RJ, a OneWorld Partner). With a layover at MXP (Milan), I had time to spare, so I went into the BA/AA club and tried to log on to Flyertalk to find out what all of you were reporting about AA. Needless to say, no matter how many times I tried, or how I tried, I could not log on as BA, the Club I was at, said that FT was "illegal or offensive" and so they blocked it. I thought with Microwave on board, he would have lighted up Willie by beaming some of his magic on him. Come on, BA, lighten up--please tell me why Flyertalk is illegal or offensive!! Is it because a moderator has slapped me on the wrist in the past? Help!!!
Use your company VPN-that solves the problem.
(OT-was in LHR on Saturday and there was no such blocking.)
Offence could be taken towards some topics in OMNI but that's about it.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
When my mobile was with Orange a couple of years ago, FT was blocked as an adults only site. I couldn't be bothered to go through the whole over 18 thing with Orange, so I just accessed it on wifi. Three has no such qualms (or perhaps they recognise me as an adult).
Discuss.com.hk was also blocked as an adult site despite less than 5% of the forum being about adult related topics
(at a certain library. I would be absolutely fine if they blocked off only that part of the site, but they blocked the entire thing.)
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Could be the advertising on the FT page. Often it advertises airlines or AMEX (AA and plat Amex as i type this), but then i have seen ads for ladies wearing...not a lot. And i do not look at such things on my laptop before anyone says it must be my cookies and browsing history!!
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:48 am

What's a smart phone? Does it talk back at you?

I hate mobile phones!
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:30 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I had a similar problem with the lounge computers at Linate... though only http://www.flyertalk.com/forum was blocked... if you went to a subforum things were a-okay.

FDW
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes it is a BA run lounge, quite a good one (as I've mentioned before, the only Slurry Machine I know of in the network). And yes I was able to access Flyertalk there, and did so quite recently, using Wifi and the code card provided.
I take it that's not slurry in the agricultural sense?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Greenpen
What's a smart phone? Does it talk back at you?

I hate mobile phones!
I look at mobile phones as the most anti-social device ever created. I love it when I see a group of three walking down the pavement. They are not talking to each other--they are each texting, and I assume it is not each other!

A "smart-phone" is an answer to a question I never asked.

But, yes, the iPhone in particular does talk back to you. Her name is Siri.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Who's Mircowave?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:21 am

Do people still use lounge computers?! How quaint.
this ^
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
The title of the post sounded like non-AA passengers can access FlyerTalk but not AA passengers. Wow, they have recognition software which can identify AA passengers and non-AA passengers?!
They've hired Ed Snowden to remotely identify all AA EXPs using NSA files of frequent flyers.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Sous-vetements civilises, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I had a similar problem with the lounge computers at Linate... though only http://www.flyertalk.com/forum was blocked... if you went to a subforum things were a-okay.

FDW
Same in Flounge last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.