Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

'A Very British Airline' : BA Documentary, airs BBC2 from Mon 2 June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'A Very British Airline' : BA Documentary, airs BBC2 from Mon 2 June

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
If you are in Scotland then its 23.45-00.45 rather than 9pm.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
I was reading this article over breakfast this morning:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra...filipa-jodelka

and it is rather unflattering to say the least. In fact so acidic that it makes me wonder if the author is 'axe-grinding'.
Old May 31, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
There is a series linked piece on BA's cabin crew training in the travel supplement of today's Daily Telegraph
Old May 31, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
The Director of the programme (James Rogan) and MD of Lion Television (Jeremy Mills) talk about how the programme and they secured access to BA in Broadcast Magazine's "Talking TV" podcast:

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/opinio...072404.article

(It starts at 13 minutes in.)
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Another preview - this time from the Independent...

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...y-9447752.html
Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by crazy8534

and it is rather unflattering to say the least. In fact so acidic that it makes me wonder if the author is 'axe-grinding'.
Typical Grauniad drivel!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais

Maybe so, but to write this article off would be to ignore some of the observations that have been raised many times on this board.

I actually found it very amusing and insightful, however, like anything from The Guardian or Daily Mail, it will no doubt be dismissed as garbage here...
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
... however, like anything from The Guardian or Daily Mail, it will no doubt be dismissed as garbage here...
But usually for good reason though
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
They say you should read a newspaper that has a political standpoint separate to your own as you are more likely to think about, disagree with and debate what you are reading. Sadly many people just want a rag that is their cheerleader.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze; IHG

I got to the third paragraph and couldn't read on. Clearly the author has a bit fo a chip on her shoulder. Not the best piece of journalism I've ever read.

Last edited by pipsi; Jun 1, 2014 at 3:06 am
Old Jun 1, 2014, 3:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Maybe so, but to write this article off would be to ignore some of the observations that have been raised many times on this board.

I actually found it very amusing and insightful, however, like anything from The Guardian or Daily Mail, it will no doubt be dismissed as garbage here...
Insightful? Not sure why you find it insightful, it seems to be really poorly written and, as others have said, written with an agenda. I have no problem if journalists criticise BA, but I do when it is a lazy hack journalist piece like this.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by KARFA
Insightful? Not sure why you find it insightful, it seems to be really poorly written and, as others have said, written with an agenda. I have no problem if journalists criticise BA, but I do when it is a lazy hack journalist piece like this.
I found it insightful as it typified the espousal of mediocrity that one can sometimes experience on BA, for example enlisting zelebs to sing off the A380 inaugural flight.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:12 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
How about we watch it first and form our own opinions (and then fight over those ) instead of squabbling over those of journalists and any agendas their publications may have? Alternatively, as you were...
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by techie
How about we watch it first and form our own opinions (and then fight over those ) instead of squabbling over those of journalists and any agendas their publications may have? Alternatively, as you were...
Yes! My appetite is definitely whetted
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pipsi
I got to the third paragraph and couldn't read on. Clearly the author has a bit fo a chip on her shoulder. Not the best piece of journalism I've ever read.
It's worth pointing out that the article was in 'The Guide' which is their youth-focused whats on/events guide rather than in the main paper. This column is the successor to Charlie Brooker's, in that it picks one programme each week and essentially rips it to shreds. It's not the main paper preview, and it isn't the review.

The article is what it is, and it's not very impressive, but some context about the column and its place in the paper may be useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.