Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BA advert

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by simonrp84
I wonder why they use the word 'innovate'? It's been a while since BA innovated anything!

As for the ad itself, I found it rather boring. The last BA ad I saw (the one with Concorde that described the history of BA) was much, much, better.
I thought the ad itself was pretty good but I agree that the use of "innovate" is a bit misleading. What was the last innovation that BA came up with?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:21 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
I didn't like it as much as the first Fly To Serve ad, but it's a good one.
Agree with this. Mind you that one was a bit of a classic.

I also agree with whoever said the head in the clouds bit was rather odd.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:23 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by malkie
I like it - actually shows the on-board product, which many other ads do not.
+1 ^
Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just watched it and I like it. I think it complements the first To Fly, To Serve advert well. The first was much more a play on the heritage, whereas this is more forward looking. Surprised no A380 appearance though? Exterior shots were all focused on the 787.

EDIT: Forgot to say,BApilotinsider please keep up the posting on here - I was one of the people who benefited from you highlighting the Seoul launch deal. I enjoy reading your posts and the ones of your BA colleagues.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver
It's a decent ad but i dont find it particularly distinctive.

I also preferred the previous ad. This one seems too focused on technology, and I found the science /technology imagery to be a bit weird. I tend to assume that the scientific stuff that keeps the plane in the air has already been sorted before I get on board.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by KARFA
Just watched it and I like it. I think it complements the first To Fly, To Serve advert well. The first was much more a play on the heritage, whereas this is more forward looking. Surprised no A380 appearance though? Exterior shots were all focused on the 787.

EDIT: Forgot to say,BApilotinsider please keep up the posting on here - I was one of the people who benefited from you highlighting the Seoul launch deal. I enjoy reading your posts and the ones of your BA colleagues.
I expect it was centred on the 787 because it was pretending to follow a customer on his journey through T5 and on his flight. Both the exterior and interior were the 787.

I do think it looked very beautiful flying through the clouds.

The more you watch it, the more you will like it. That's what I have found anyway. For anyone that wants to see it on the TV before tonight, apparently it is being shown on the F1 channel during the F1 practice coverage on Sky.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:51 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I had mixed feelings at the start. A bit artsy fartsy. But it did build up momentum as it got going.

Nice that it showed the Club World cabin, something aspirational for most of the public. I wonder if they think that is BA's First class cabin though? Would have been good if they showed WT+ and WT "journeys" or maybe that's for the follow up ads! Instead of a business district being shown before the circuit board, there will be a shot of Chelsea for WT+ and Peckham for WT. For CE they could show Manchester and ET I guess Newcastle, Glascow and anywhere else north of the M25 could fit....
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The passenger featured was travelling in CW. But at 1:20 he is shown exiting the airport with a silvery bag tag next to the priority one and between the handle. An old fashioned tag or a new one?!

I also note that the passenger's name is Michael Lewis. Good job it is not this Michael Lewis!
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:11 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
I'm impressed. It made me more aware of the complexity of orchestrating everything that goes on behind the scenes for me to have a pleasant flight.

Some people have commented that it doesn't make an emotional connection. I think that's because the imagery is mostly "things" rather than people. Personally, I found it quite moving.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
I like it ^
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Just watched it! Modern and friendly at the same time, also appreciate they show the onboard product and of course the Horselamp
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
The horse lamps!! The horse lamps are now famous!
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by opalfruit
The horse lamps!! The horse lamps are now famous!
My favorite part too ^
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Should anyone be interested, the music is Ludovico Einaudi - Experience (Starkey Remix)

http://youtu.be/7g9QZsp6r4I

Last edited by KARFA; Sep 6, 2013 at 6:03 am
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Should anyone be interested, the music is Ludovico Einaudi - Experience (Starkey Remix)

http://youtu.be/7g9QZsp6r4I
As Italian I'm happy to see (actually heat) a little part of Italy in the advert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.